• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do Year 11 marks and ranks go towards anything? (1 Viewer)

Protract

HSC
Well, I sorta dissagree because if you are not a person with great study habits, or not used to the pressure, I would use Year 11 as a building block, otherwise I would find it very hard in Year 12.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Well, I sorta dissagree because if you are not a person with great study habits, or not used to the pressure, I would use Year 11 as a building block, otherwise I would find it very hard in Year 12.
I was just making a obvious point. Of course if you have no study habits it will be super hard.

I was just pointing out even if you do nothing in year 11 you have a fresh start for year 12. So no[/B, no marks count towards year 12

jnney

lemon
HSC
Your year 11 marks and ranks are not accounted for in year 12.

enoilgam

HSC
Year 11 marks dont count towards your HSC, but its still important to do well. Many concepts you learn in year 11 will be expanded on in year 12 (especially true in subjects like economics and maths). Also, year 11 gives you the chance to fix any weaknesses in your study habits and work ethic, so you dont have to deal with these issues in year 12.

Protract

HSC
Also, kinda irrelevant but what internal rank do you need to get a Band 6 in something in Year 12? Also, how does Standard English affect your ATAR? I have to choose Standard, I'm hopeless at English, like really bad, just....bad. But if I get 90+ in Standard, can I get a band 6? This is very confusing to me.

Protract

HSC
If I choose Advanced, I'll be in a class with a whole lot of smart people who got A's and B's on their reports and my ranks are going to suffer badly. I'll probably come last.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Standard english a band 6 is almost impossible, only about 20 in the state yet a band 6 every year

Protract

HSC
Also, I agree it is very important to rectify your weaknesses in Year 11 before Year 12 starts. I have practically bludged, and not cared about studies my whole high school life, I'm going to use Year 11 to fix that.

enoilgam

HSC
No, it is possible to get a band 6 in standard, but it is extremely difficult. Last year only 64 students out of 27,000 who did standard got a band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)