• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you care about people dying when engaged in risky behavior (1 Viewer)

Do u care

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It depends on how idiotic their behaviour was i guess and if any innocent people were harmed. More than two or so deaths by risky behaviour is almost always going to be tragic, but wether i care enough or am upset about it really depends.

E.g if one drunk driver crashes into a tree at 140kmph and kills just himself i dont much care. If he has his 15yr old brother in the car too, then i care. If the brother is 18, then its still tragic, but i dont care as much [probably because the adult brother should have known better.

This melbourne case, it was a bunch of young people [including a 15yr old girl] who all knew each other, a few of them were siblings...5 young deaths in one hit like that is pretty tragic. Dont forget about the underage girl who was underneath her dead brother and his dead mates, trapped in a completely torn apart car...yeah its pretty tragic and stuff like that gets to me.

The only dead one i dont care about is the driver [sucks that he was young and foolish, he might have grown up and realised how dumb he used to act] the other passengers...yeah they might have made a stupid decision to get in the car, but they hardly deserved to die for it. Its a strange thing about human psychology....we like to put some sort of blame on people when bad things happen to them, as if being able to say they made a mistake means you can avoid that mistake and not die....it makes us feel like we can control our environment and that bad things wont ever happen to us because we are smarter than that.... the fact is that sometimes things get fucked up and people die, and that everyone makes minor mistakes every day and 99% nothing bad happens. Sometimes i drive and i get a bit tired, it happens to everyone and everyone usually just keeps on driving.... if i fall asleep at the wheel and die did i then deserve it? we can improve our chances of survival and thats about it, not every danger can be avoided and its imposible to perfectly control your own environment....no matter how good you are, one day you will make a mistake and most likely nothing bad will come from it, but if tragically you do die, you can take comfort in the knowledge that teenagers on the internet will be criticising you and implying you deserved to die for making a mistake.

dan2452

HSC
It depends on how idiotic their behaviour was i guess and if any innocent people were harmed. More than two or so deaths by risky behaviour is almost always going to be tragic, but wether i care enough or am upset about it really depends.

E.g if one drunk driver crashes into a tree at 140kmph and kills just himself i dont much care. If he has his 15yr old brother in the car too, then i care. If the brother is 18, then its still tragic, but i dont care as much [probably because the adult brother should have known better.

This melbourne case, it was a bunch of young people [including a 15yr old girl] who all knew each other, a few of them were siblings...5 young deaths in one hit like that is pretty tragic. Dont forget about the underage girl who was underneath her dead brother and his dead mates, trapped in a completely torn apart car...yeah its pretty tragic and stuff like that gets to me.

The only dead one i dont care about is the driver [sucks that he was young and foolish, he might have grown up and realised how dumb he used to act] the other passengers...yeah they might have made a stupid decision to get in the car, but they hardly deserved to die for it. Its a strange thing about human psychology....we like to put some sort of blame on people when bad things happen to them, as if being able to say they made a mistake means you can avoid that mistake and not die....it makes us feel like we can control our environment and that bad things wont ever happen to us because we are smarter than that.... the fact is that sometimes things get fucked up and people die, and that everyone makes minor mistakes every day and 99% nothing bad happens. Sometimes i drive and i get a bit tired, it happens to everyone and everyone usually just keeps on driving.... if i fall asleep at the wheel and die did i then deserve it? we can improve our chances of survival and thats about it, not every danger can be avoided and its imposible to perfectly control your own environment....no matter how good you are, one day you will make a mistake and most likely nothing bad will come from it, but if tragically you do die, you can take comfort in the knowledge that teenagers on the internet will be criticising you and implying you deserved to die for making a mistake.
+1

You can hardly say that the younger people deserved to die, just because they were in thier older brother's car when he was being an idiot.

Obviously, although he was being stupid, he wouldn't have wanted to kill the other 4 people, or himself for that matter. So, can we say that he deserved to die because he was being stupid? Surely other people have done stupid things, but survived. Does that mean they deserved to die?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I think it is very sad that those 5 kids died... I suppose on that level, I do care.
People die, young and old, and it is equally saddening no matter what the circumstances in my opinion.
Even though that's my belief, I am able to realise that this particular incident is a manifestation of stupidity and risk.
It's still sorrowful.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah unnecessary suffering makes me pretty sad :( I'd prefer this didn't happen

But the thought of people not living a FAADU!! life, and not experiencing the thrill of fishtailing down parramatta road at 3am with a half dozen mates in the tray of an SS ute.

That really makes me :( :( :(

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
wot

you are right, people die, young and old

they all die

it is a natural process

how is it sad?

you didnt know the kids. if i had i probably would have thought they were cunts

it is entirely their fault for getting into an overloaded car driven by a speeding drunk driver lol no ones fault but their own. they werent forced into the car. and until the survivor says that they all pleaded to be let out (she wont because it didnt happen) then they are all at fault for their own deaths.

serius; no one deserves to die for anything so how does it make it sad that these people were young? they were all educated in the risks of drink driving and speeding and would have known that the risk of being killed was increased significantly

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
wot

you are right, people die, young and old

they all die

it is a natural process

how is it sad?

you didnt know the kids. if i had i probably would have thought they were cunts

it is entirely their fault for getting into an overloaded car driven by a speeding drunk driver lol no ones fault but their own. they werent forced into the car. and until the survivor says that they all pleaded to be let out (she wont because it didnt happen) then they are all at fault for their own deaths.

serius; no one deserves to die for anything so how does it make it sad that these people were young? they were all educated in the risks of drink driving and speeding and would have known that the risk of being killed was increased significantly
I think it's the fact that youths "have not yet experienced life" which makes it sad. However obviously the driver was experiencing life a little too much eh.

Personally, I have been a passenger in a car with a drunk driver once or twice. I however was inebriated and would not have been in a state of mind to make a rational decision.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
their lives would have been pointless and shit anyway

boxhunter91

HSC
They put themselves in the situation. A very Stupid Situation. Obviously it is horrific to see young lives lost. But in the end if they hadn't gone out that night and the driver begin to speed so much they would still be here today...

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
to be perfectly honest,
I don't care.

their stupid actions.

I however do care about those who are tramautized by the incident, through no fault of their own (ie. family, friends.. police and paramedics..who have to pick up the body parts, firefighters who have to cut into the chasis to remove the bodies)

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
@shane

So you're saying everyone who drink drives deserves to die? When in Australia no crime warrants the death penalty.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
no i just said that no one 'deserves' to die for anything at all

but just because someone does die for whatever reason, doesnt make it sad, unless you know them personally and will miss them

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
why not lol

he was speeding with a BAC of .19, with willing passengers

he hit a tree and thankfully didnt hit any other innocent motorists

it is funny because it was the best possible outcome

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
no, everything has intrinistic risk and it is up to a person to judge and rank the risks and if they wish to take them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)