• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

doing commerce but dont want to do maths (1 Viewer)

colourmyworld17

HSC
Hey everyone!

I recently got my VCE enter score, thrilled with what I got and am considering doing a commerce/arts course to enhance my career options instead of doing just a straight arts degree.

My strength is the humanities area and dont particularly enjoy studying maths. Is it possible to do a commerce degree that involves as little maths as possible? If so, what subjects would you recommend choosing i.e. human resources, marketing??? I didn't study business/economics subjects during years11/12 so have no idea whether I will fit in with a commerce degree but am willing to give it a try! I will never know unless I attempt it at first!

Commerce students/students interested in commerce, any advice?

Ali -

HSC
N/A
Hi Colourmyworld.

Most, if not all, business/commerce degrees have a list of 'core' units as part of their degree. You should notice that there will be a Statistics type unit (even if statistics is not in its title) which all students must complete as part of their business/commerce degree.

Best to refer to their websites and check out their course maps.

Good luck.

P.S. don't worry, not too much math (it's not engineering afterall).

Loz_metalhead

HSC
You can't get away from doing math as there are core math subjects you must do (at unsw there are two).

HR, marketing, management etc are usually pretty wishy washy...you would want to only do one of those and combine it with a stronger major like eco, fins or accounting.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye commerce is not too mathematical but if you choose to do finance or accounting majors you will deal with some maths, but if you put work into it youll be fine.

Lol eng maths aint soo bad, they just let every1 pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)