• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DOTA 2 $1mil USD Tournament (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems Valve is going all out on Dota 2, announcing 'The International' tournament in two weeks time. Catch the live stream below on August the 17th - 21st.

http://www.dota2.com/

HSC
Uni Grad
So ridic esp because the people playing in the tourney have only been playing the beta for a little bit.
I know it's just a publicity stunt but it would be so much better for esports to do it a little while after release at which point the pros would have worked out some of the finer points and viewers could relate to it better and understand it better imo.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
influx of NA players qq'ing that none of their team is in the 16 roster

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
you guys only just found out? its been out for like a week.
i used to play dota professionally for SK gaming.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
So ridic esp because the people playing in the tourney have only been playing the beta for a little bit.
I know it's just a publicity stunt but it would be so much better for esports to do it a little while after release at which point the pros would have worked out some of the finer points and viewers could relate to it better and understand it better imo.
To an extent. The Dota 2 mechanism is similar to that of the original - minor tweak of animation I would assume, graphics and engine would be different (not that large of an impact on gameplay). The teams competiting in 'The International' are all highly ranked in the competitive Dota scene so the transition should be quite smoove.

Anways iG for the win. Zhou epic carry.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
so sad to see that one of the biggest gaming organisations Sk gaming doesnt have a team. if they asked i wouldve gotten back together with loda, akke & ikzu to compete. ez win

Garygaz

HSC
league of legends announced 5million US 1 year tournament.

still a horrible game, however

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)