• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dropping a unit now (1 Viewer)

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, is it too late to drop a unit now? Like i know that i've been charged for it and all, but there is this one unit which im not doing terribly well at and im assuming it will affet my GPA, so i want to drop it. This probably sounds like a weird question, but yeh i am first year.

also, if i am to stay with this unit but dont make the 50 pass mark, what happens, do the 3 credit points count or not?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
dude i heard that if u drop now it comes up as a fail on your transcript, so at least give it a go. u might surprise urself and pass!

Homey said:
also, if i am to stay with this unit but dont make the 50 pass mark, what happens, do the 3 credit points count or not?
i doubt it man

i was wondering this myself, cause im scared im goin 2 fail stat & want 2 transfer ... so yea

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its counted as a fail academically.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is the fail counted as a 0 for the gpa?

i think you should keep with it if it is

^___^
HSC
if you don't make the 50 pass mark
but got the mark between the range of 45 - 49, the unit convenor has the right to give you the 3 credit points,that being said, he/she can also not give it to you

X

xeuyrawp

Would have been good tho know which unit. Is it just a universal constant that people will be ambiguous on this board?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
The unit won't get any easier if you leave it for later. If you've gotta do the unit eventually, you might as well do it now especially as you've completed 90% of it. If you fail the exam/unit, it's exactly the same as if you pull out now: you may as well attempt it and try to pass, as Fornstar said.

Stop looking at the unit like there is the option to drop out. You know you've gotta continue it -- you've got to do it now, so you might as well study hard and pass and keep going. Unfortunately, it only gets harder from here in, so you need the right frame of mind or you'll end up dropping out of more than just one unit...

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
The unit won't get any easier if you leave it for later. If you've gotta do the unit eventually, you might as well do it now especially as you've completed 90% of it. If you fail the exam/unit, it's exactly the same as if you pull out now: you may as well attempt it and try to pass, as Fornstar said.

Stop looking at the unit like there is the option to drop out. You know you've gotta continue it -- you've got to do it now, so you might as well study hard and pass and keep going. Unfortunately, it only gets harder from here in, so you need the right frame of mind or you'll end up dropping out of more than just one unit...
Eloquent as always:)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
that is a great word, it describes both skittled and mary jane, i have been trying to come up with that word

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
that is a great word, it describes both skittled and mary jane, i have been trying to come up with that word
I hate couples. They're so.... happy.
:'(

Catastrophe

HSC
Skittled said:

what if i wanna transfer, and the degree i wanna transfer to dont require the unit? i think i'll fail comp115 now....but try to make up by getting better grades in stat or mktg...

^___^
HSC
you think you will fail comp??

thats what i thought, cept i worked my butt off for 2days and i managed to pass :)

Catastrophe

HSC
... said:
you think you will fail comp??

thats what i thought, cept i worked my butt off for 2days and i managed to pass :)

well.....i got above average for the first 3 assignments, didnt do last assignment and last few practs cos i'm now completely lost....i only know if and switch structures...and loops....no idea about void and classes.

and i heard u must get at least 8 pass in about 10 practs, which i got only about 5 or 6..

^___^
HSC
eh

you shouldn't worry bout classes
classes are only important if you want to do comp125 and later, as for 115, you focus on:
array
loops
array in a loop

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
iambored said:
Haha thanks guys! *blush*

:D

... said:
...for 115, you focus on:
array
loops
array in a loop
Is that all they do in the class, or is it more? (I've gotta do one comp/isys unit for my BBA, and I'm wanting to choose either a really bludegy or challenging one...)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Do ISYS123 :)

Its basically "make a table of contents in word" "rename a file"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)