• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Editing - when does it say so? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I did a search with 'edit', 'editing', and 'edits' and came up with nothing.

Frequently if you edit right after posting, the little notice that the post has been edited doesn't appear.

My quesiton is- what criteria means that the little 'edited by pwar: 10:30' comes up? Is it an amount of time? Amount of text edited?

Don't flame me, I did look for another thread :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I assume time. If you added a lot of text, it would take a long time. I'm pretty sure the gap is 3 minutes.

X

xeuyrawp

jumb said:
I assume time. If you added a lot of text, it would take a long time. I'm pretty sure the gap is 3 minutes.
Ah, thanks, jumb. You're a god among men.

tempco

HSC
as far as i can tell, it's the amount of time. if you change your post within a minute or two from when you first posted it, it won't have that little :edited by" notice.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
jumb said:
actually, i think it's about 30 seconds... i'm pretty sure it's less than a minute, anyway

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Nah I think it's a minute. I'd tried to run the gap before and it was less than a minute for sure but more than 30 seconds.

J

jhakka

I think another criteria would be if someone posts in between. I'm pretty sure you get a message every time, then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)