• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Effective ways of study? (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

Just wondering... does anyone know any good effective ways of study?

I've had a few tests and have not done as good as i expected..

For maths 3unit - I just practice using textbooks like cambridge.. and maths in focus from school =( which is a complete waste of time, so I'm alrite with maths, but is there an easy way to remember everything you learn? because I find that if I dont do the same topic for about a month or so I forget how to do it.

but what about other subjects like:-

English Advance - this is my hardest subject to deal with, I completely hate english and I have no idea of how to study for english

Business Studies - I find this subject extremely boring, the teacher is the worst, and all we do every lesson is copy down about 6-8 typed up overheads.

Economics - I find this subject very interesting but how do I study for it?

Chemistry - Chemistry is a little confusing... no idea how to study it

Physics - Awsome subject and again how do you study for it?

So yea.. those are the subjects... any help from anyone will be excellent, please help me with methods of how to study for these subject, I really want to be able to get over 90% in each subject in the prelims... and for HSC about 96%+

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: also what are good ways of memorizing and summarizing notes, like how do you summarize notes and memorize them that you can remmeber 10 pages worth of info by reading 10 dot points, or by a summarizing into a small amount you can retain information which is very long? how?

thanks again!

Last edited:

TBK11

HSC
Well as a current Eex1 student i would say for english you need to understand the concept of it, there is no right and wrong answers for english but its how you "say" it will determine how good you go for that subject just get your point accross as there is no right and wrong answers for english, so id say go over poetry tech, try and understand what the text, poem or writer is saying

and remember doesnt matter if in english you feel something is not right just give them what they want and your all set.

as for chemistry
yeh thats what you do

Brontecat

HSC
with business studies i dont think there's much that u can do its a very dry subject - i just make dotpoints according to the syllabus for it and then memorise through reading and re-reading and writing and re-writing my notes

K

khorne

For physics, the classes will seem a lot easier, and easier to discuss and absorb if you read ahead on the night before, to familiarise yourself with the key concepts.

lychnobity

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering... does anyone know any good effective ways of study?

I've had a few tests and have not done as good as i expected..

For maths 3unit - I just practice using textbooks like cambridge.. and maths in focus from school =( which is a complete waste of time, so I'm alrite with maths, but is there an easy way to remember everything you learn? because I find that if I dont do the same topic for about a month or so I forget how to do it.

but what about other subjects like:-

English Advance - this is my hardest subject to deal with, I completely hate english and I have no idea of how to study for english

Business Studies - I find this subject extremely boring, the teacher is the worst, and all we do every lesson is copy down about 6-8 typed up overheads.

Economics - I find this subject very interesting but how do I study for it?

Chemistry - Chemistry is a little confusing... no idea how to study it

Physics - Awsome subject and again how do you study for it?

So yea.. those are the subjects... any help from anyone will be excellent, please help me with methods of how to study for these subject, I really want to be able to get over 90% in each subject in the prelims... and for HSC about 96%+

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: also what are good ways of memorizing and summarizing notes, like how do you summarize notes and memorize them that you can remmeber 10 pages worth of info by reading 10 dot points, or by a summarizing into a small amount you can retain information which is very long? how?

thanks again!
Use search function! Fucking hell:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-yr-11-student-starting-advanced-english.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org...9133/advice-badly-needed-maths-adv-3unit.html

That chick poster had about 10 of the same sort of threads on all the subjects you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)