• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Effectiveness Issues (1 Viewer)

Husayn

Banned
HSC
When answering an effectiveness question, I usually take note that my 'protection of individuals' content is greater than the other issues combined, and then multiplied a few times. Has anyone else experienced this?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Nope.

When answering an 'effectiveness' question, do most people just go through the elements of effectiveness? Fo example: a paragraph on access, a paragraph on equality etc.. or do you write about the issues and mention aspects of the elements of effectiveness when discussing the 'issues'?

I do the latter.

sly fly

HSC
Husayn -
Personally I have found that there is quite alot of content on the protection of individuals. However, not to the extent that you have described lol.

Hypertrophy -
I do the former as I find it is easier to structure my response and it also ensures that I have included the essential information.

powerhouse

HSC
I write each paragraph as an issue and at the end of each i make a concluding statement about the effectiveness of the law based on a criterion.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Luckly, the only thing my teacher taught us, were how to do these essays.
He said you do an into, with everything your going to talk about, then for each paragraph in the body, use the acronym F.A.C.E or FACTS, ACTS, CASES, EVALUATION.
its fairly straight forward, so for every point you talk about, talk about the facts about it, the government legislation, specific to that point, any know cases to back you up, then evaluate the effectiveness. It sounds like quite a good system.
now if only i had the required course knowledge

DanielleM

HSC
melsc said:
my teacher says I dont use the criteria enough grrr... I dont know
Message from Joe:
" Use the criteria[/SIZE=7]
the markers want to see words like this is EFFECTIVE for indivudals...
offers protection etc"

There u go Mel
Dani

roadcone

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Nope.

When answering an 'effectiveness' question, do most people just go through the elements of effectiveness? Fo example: a paragraph on access, a paragraph on equality etc.. or do you write about the issues and mention aspects of the elements of effectiveness when discussing the 'issues'?

I do the latter.
I do the latter also. I find that it means that you have all the relevant information as well as the evaluation required. I think it means that the you can adapt all the stuff you know for a given topic relatively easily in order to answer any question you are faced with. It seems to have served me well thus far, touch wood it continues.

Husayn

Banned
HSC
Whatevever floats your boat,

HOWEVER

It's my way or the highway.

Well not really, I just wanted to say that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)