• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Electives and Units (1 Viewer)

mafain

HSC
Sup

I have several inquiries regarding Accounting Key program. For year 2 it says I am supposed to do 2 electives. What are my choices for electives? Am I allowed to do ANYTHING, only units from Business or are there restrictions to what I can do? Am I allowed to choose a subject like Japanese or Chinese Language for an elective?

Also, my friend transferred to Business and Commerce mid-year after having done Information Communications and Technology the first half. He passed Programing Fundamentals (300580) and System Analysis and Design (300585), is he allowed to transfer these units as credits to substitute for electives or are there restrictions to which units one can do as an elective to accounting.

kagura

HSC
Since your key program is accounting, aren't you planning to take up Laws of Business Organisations and Corporate Financial Management as your two electives for the autumn semester? Although it's not compulsory, it would be wise to choose both of those units to successfully seek accreditation with the CPA/CA.

Anyhow, you can enroll into any units with your free electives provided that you satisfy all of its requirements. The point of the free electives is to allow you to undertake another major/sub-major in a different field of business or other areas of study. You can take up random units though, but a major/sub-major looks better on your degree. As for me, I'm taking up Jap 101 next semester and will defer Laws of Business Organisations for semester 2 (switching around my 1 free elective in sem 2 with LBO).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)