• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Employment Relations essay question (1 Viewer)

haru

HSC
I got this question for my extended response which i have to write it during exam conditions next week and was wondering if u guys can help me out. Thanks

Describe the role played by ER as a support function of a business. Identify and explain the key areas that have influenced this role in recent times. How can ER become more effective?

haru

HSC
the first bit of the Q "describe the role played by ER as a support function of a business"

i'm not sure how to relate to the support function of the business? can any1 help me.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haven't done ER yet .. but i'll try help you out.
Describe the role played by ER as a support function of a business.
bascally the main functions of ER. What they do, how they do it, etc. How they help out a business.

Identify and explain the key areas that have influenced this role in recent times.
Assessing what happened as times changed. have ER become more lenient (employee based) or strict (not allowing input or whatever). Think about the new Workplace Laws, etc.

How can ER become more effective?
Basically assessing how ER can do the roles that were stated above in the first part of the question better.

Don't take my word for it, but this is my interpretation of the question. Break the question into small, simple parts and it won't seem like sucha tragedy! :p

haru

HSC
Without Wings said:
It's basically just asking you to discuss the role of employment relations which is covered in both the preliminary syllabus and the hsc syllabus in greater depth. It then goes on to ask you to discuss the key influences such as social etc.
i know the roles(ie. aquisition etc..) but how do you relate the the support function of a business (accounting,finance,marketing,operations). Do i talk how ER sucessfully work with those functions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)