• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Essay in two weeks (OTHELLO) - How do I study for it? (1 Viewer)

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I am wondering what are the best and successful methods to studying for a mostly generic Othello essay which will be circulated in two weeks? I believe mostly themes, characters and language is very significant in the essay (including importance quotes). Also, what kinds of generic Othello questions could my teacher throw at me?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I am wondering what are the best and successful methods to studying for a mostly generic Othello essay which will be circulated in two weeks? I believe mostly themes, characters and language is very significant in the essay (including importance quotes). Also, what kinds of generic Othello questions could my teacher throw at me?
Themes
- Race (Racism)
- Love
- Tragedy/Sex/Lies
- Reality v.s. Appearance
- Order vs Chaos

Characters
- Compare them with your other/related text's characters

Is this comparative study?

Examine

same
HSC
What is your Area of Study?

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Journeys, and it is purely an Othello-based essay, not a comparative study two or more texts.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Journeys, and it is purely an Othello-based essay, not a comparative study two or more texts.

Examples:

Race vs Notion of Overcoming Obstacles
- How does Othello overcome the obstacles of racism?

Order vs Chaos vs Individuals themselves changing
- How does Othello himself change after being infected by 'the green eyed monster'?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe you will also need film techniques

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)