• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
What is a good indicator of whether or not you should stick to Advanced or drop to standard? Anyone got advice or personal experiences that would help? please reply...Thanks :torch:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont think theres any truly definable measures, i think you just need to consider what sort of marks you are getting, whether you think you can improve (im presuming you're yr 11), whether or not you enjoy it, whether you enjoy the challenge, that sorta stuff.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
talk to your english teacher as they know the level and capabilities of what you have.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Well, if you like english than staying in adv would be good and if you're not sure how well your capabilities weigh up against standards then do as darksecrets said, and talk to your teacher.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
also compare how you're going with the rest of the students,when you talk to your teacher tell them honestly what you're thinking

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I talked to my teacher and she said (just like english teachers always cryptic) "u'd b @ an advantaged to stay in advanced...but u'll have to fiz ur writting either way"...BUt i have never had a probel with writing b4 this yr

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
mayb u could ask 4 ur ranking and c how ur goin compared 2 everyone else? or try lookn at some work form the ppl who do standard and c whether u find their work beta 4 u - coz thats what it should be about in the end, what level u feel most comfortable at. mayb ur yr advisor/head teacher/careers advisor could help u decide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)