• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Essay need help (1 Viewer)

the king 1

HSC
N/A
okay so we have to write an essay on our core text and how it has expanded our understanding of, ourselfs, individuals or the wider community we have to do it on the book looking for alibrandi we also have to have another realated text in our response i was thinking of doing the door.

in the essay we have to see how the composer has used language techniques to construct the text

have no idea what to do will someone give e some techniques both in alibrandi and the door would be good

qianjixin

HSC
I don't know much about your texts but from what I can tell, looking at characterisation is always solid. Look for how the author describes the main characters, how they contrast and how they relate to their setting. Language structures may include visual descriptions of the characters and also importantly the way they speak (including colloquialisms that may indicate them as a member of a community or sub culture).

Really hope it helps! :awesome:

gleeek

HSC
For looking for Alibrandi talk about the use of first person. It gives us an understanding of how she thinks and feels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)