• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Module C: Texts and society. How many RT?? (1 Viewer)

Deearna

HSC
I am doing my revision and im not sure how many related texts i should be preparing to go in to the HSC with? Will one be enough or is it best to revise two? Also, one of my Related texts is an e-mail from a friend who had moved interstate- thus relating to 'into the world'. Will this be accepted as a related item during the HSC or is that idea scrapped also?

TIA
=]

M

MichelleV

It's best to have 2. They may ask for 2 related texts, so you don't want to be stuck with only 1. (And that should be the same for Belonging and Module A too..)

I'm not sure if you can use the email or not. It's probably not going to suit the marking criteria anyhow. Though it does suit, 'Into the World', there aren't exactly any standout techniques you can really use to gain good marks with :/

You might want to check with your English teacher, but I'd personally not go there, because you really can't show sophistication and convey the ideas well enough to gain top marks.

Good luck to you in the exam! :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Published texts can be used.
Unpublished email from your friend isn't really a RT.
But you could write the letter (made up title) by (your friend's name).

lil_pembo

HSC
better not to use the email. Unless your friend writes emails like an author writes a book, it will be lacking techniques and analysable content.

But 2 RT should be prepared incase they ask for "at least 2"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)