• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English, transformations, Shakespeare in love and rome and juilet help (1 Viewer)

dj hides

HSC
hey im in year 11 and for our half yearly assessment task we have to

"Students are to adopt the role of an actor who is currently involved in playing the same or similar character
part in two different productions, one of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and the other in the film
Shakespeare in Love.

In a monologue the actor needs to convey an understanding of the transformation of one text to another in
terms of:
• Characterisation
• Themes
• Context
• One or two key techniques (e.g. acting style, theatrical conventions, language)

Students should consider original ideas for their monologues:
�* A telephone conversation
�* Rehearsing your lines and then reflecting on their meaning

Try to avoid situations which involve you sitting down- writing a letter/email. There should be movement to fully
express your understanding of the character.

Your presentation will take between 4-5 minutes. Each student is required to submit the full text of their
performance on the due date. Staple the attached sheet to the front of your script after completing the required
details on the top of this form and in the student evaluation. "

i have choose to do the nurse in both performances (Imelda Stanton),
i have chosen to set it out like a radio interview.

would you guys and gals be able to help me with some information and tips that will help, in particular the relation ship of viola and her nurse in Shakespeare in love?

any help would be appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)