• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Will Be The DEATH Of Me One Day (1 Viewer)

Smuts

you wish
HSC
English is goin to be the death of me sum day....... me not really good at it so me hav a slight struggle......

if n e one knows how to obtain study "disapline" plz tell...... me got exams soon n i dont think i hav a good/strong study disapline.......

smitsy

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by perfectionist
What i did during year 12 was made notes on the modules...which were quite thorough..and made sure that i understand the topic well..and then took a general topic for the essay...and wrote a draft essay..and kept editing it until i knew it was perfect or looked perfect..i mean there was a flow in what i was trying to say in the essay..once i had a speech for a module..i edited it like 13-14 times to come up with something which is to the point, answered the question and there is a flow in the points i am stating.

So yeah...once done with my essays...learnt em..i.e. memorised em, timed my each essay to fit in 40 min. Each one was about 1100-1200 words. Then took past papers and practiced essays.
And...for AOS...make sure u practice as many papers as u can..as u go and do em u'd realise that u are improving.
And keep upto date..i mean when u are doing a module in class make sure that u are concentrating on writing your general essay. At my school people left it to just before the trials..and i was prepared for my essays so prolly it was less stress compared to others.

i got 84 by this work and i am happy since its around top 1% of Standard English and this is what i always aimed for. So yeah 1stly make sure that u have a specific goal in mind and then work towards it.

Good Luck!
Preparing for AOS:
Originally posted by perfectionist

For AOS get some book from the bookshop which has Reading Exercises. And do em. Check em, and then try others a couple of days later. make a list of techniques that mite be used in a given form eg Make a list of techniqes used in a feature article and similarly look at other techniques used in texts, such hyperbole, irony, tone, rhetorical Q's etc, which are used to show the idea of journey. practice as much as u can. You cannot get past Papers unfortunately since its Journey's first year!! Ok this was for the 1st Section of Paper 1.

Secondly u can practice creative writing pieces by using the theme of "journey's" Try as many as u can in the time u have, like may be such things as a feature article, short story etc.

Thirdly, ask your teacher if u need to learn the Essay for your half yearly Exam, it's good if u have to, cos then it wud be ready for ur trials and HSC then, i mean u'd still remember it, even if not word to word, and by the time trials come around it wud be easier to just memorise it. Time your Essay in 40 mintutes. then get sample Q's on ur AOS and write essays answering those Q's . Also twist you essay into other forms like a feature article or a speech by making it less formal.

okies, hope this helps.

If you have more confusions feel free to ask Q's. :)

I have posted this before....but anyways...it mite be useful to u :)

Arnor

HSC
N/A
*mutters* half yearlys on monday...
my english teacher last year was a complete fruit cake
any1 know how to get some killer info on Away by Micheal Gow?

slipper

HSC
smuts - buy a book on spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)