• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Error: Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory or corrupted Ca (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
Hi.

I've been trying to install an application and this error comes up, "Can not change destination folder." After I press "Ok," the following error comes up, "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file."

I'm pretty sure I have enough space to install the application.

Recently, I defragmented or optimised (whatever it is called on Windows 8) my C:/ drive if that helps and I'm running Windows 8.

Is there any way I can fix this problem? It comes up for most of the applications that I try to install. I'm really frustated because I can't install anything onto my computer.

Thank you.

LithiumAus

HSC
Re: Error: Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory or corrupte

Hmm... is it possible you don't have administrator privileges on the computer you are trying to install the applications on?

And from what i can find on the internet, the problem might be that the programs you are trying to install are actually corrupted, or DirectX may in some way be involved. (perhaps the defragmentation damaged DirectX)

Either way, i hope this aids you in some way or another :)

- Alex.

Web Addict

HSC
Re: Error: Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory or corrupte

I do have administrator privileges on the computer.

The programs I'm trying to install probably aren't corrupted because I tried downloading them a number of times, but the same error occues. Is there any way to fix the problem with DirectX?

LithiumAus

HSC

I'm not sure, but try redownloading DirectX (if it's not too much trouble), but i'm not sure if the problem is wholly to do with DirectX, i just saw some references to it on forums.

- Alex.

Web Addict

HSC

I just tried it, but the same error still shows up unfortunately.

LithiumAus

HSC

hmm, i'm sorry but i don't know what could be the cause :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)