• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essay Question (1 Viewer)

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Analyse the role played by economic policies in promoting globalisation in EITHER the Australian economy OR an economy other than Australia.

In this question do they mean government policies? Or something else? Im confused.
Could someone please give me a quick plan for this question?

Thx for your help.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
THink: What promotes globalisation?

Signing trade agreements? phasing out the use of tarrifs? being a member of WTO?
yes, that'll include govt policies as well.

Will Hunting

HSC
In this context, all economic policies can be treated as govt policies. By definition (or at least, by the definition presented in the curricular context), a policy can only be that which is enacted by the govt in response to some economic issue/s. AWAs (Enterprise Bargaining Agreements etc.) and Monetary Policy by the RBA form a grey area, but I'd better tread carefully with that one... Both Eagles and I probably have too full a plate to find the time to go there again :p

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
I was thinking that Eagles, but I can't really find the substance to fit into the essay unless I include in depth history of phasing out tariffs, history of trade agreements and current agreements etc. Is that what I'm meant to do??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)