• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Estimated UAI? (1 Viewer)

kye824

HSC
Hey I go to Merewether High in Year 12 now. At school we get the chance to do some accelerated first year uni courses which we do at school and we get credit for when we actually go to uni. Lately I heard that some people in my year have done 2 of the courses and managed to get an estimated UAI out of it and have quit school as they are able to get straight into uni without the need for a HSC. I have done one course but now it is halfway through the semester so there are no new ones starting up. I was wondering if anyone knows is there any courses/programs I could do outside school, possibly at the uni, which start soon or if im allowed to start halfway through which will let me get an estimated UAI?
Thanks

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
There is Newstep at newcastle, which was just for students who didn't get their HSC/marks they needed because of disadvantage, but now they've opened it for anyone 17-20 years old. You end up with a UAI equivalent after a year of study.

Except it's already started, and you're nearly half way through year 12 anyway so I wouldn't see the point in changing over.

I think there is also non-award study, where you pay to do subjects and aren't working towards a degree and if you do well you can get accepted into uni. I'm not so sure how that one works though.

I don't know about any other programs... you've done 2 terms of the HSC, might be worth just finishing it :p

SSVictoria

HSC
I think how it works is that once you've done two courses, you get like a grade point average, which is pretty much equivilant to a UAI. You can then change to a different course, then, if you get an offer, either defer it or leave school and go and do it.

But I hear they're changing it so you can't leave school early.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
kye824 said:
Hey I go to Merewether High in Year 12 now. At school we get the chance to do some accelerated first year uni courses which we do at school and we get credit for when we actually go to uni. Lately I heard that some people in my year have done 2 of the courses and managed to get an estimated UAI out of it and have quit school as they are able to get straight into uni without the need for a HSC. I have done one course but now it is halfway through the semester so there are no new ones starting up. I was wondering if anyone knows is there any courses/programs I could do outside school, possibly at the uni, which start soon or if im allowed to start halfway through which will let me get an estimated UAI?
Thanks
stick with the HSC. if you can handle an accelerated first year uni course then you can certainly do well in the HSC :). There isn't really anything to be gained by not completing the HSC except a few months extra leisure time which you will get more than enough at uni anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)