• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Evidence for Roman Society! (1 Viewer)

razzarach

keep smiling :)
HSC
Hey I'm looking for any modern or ancient sources for roman society:augustus to titus. I have looked at a few ancient ones.. like the annals etc. But I still need some evidence for any dot point!
If anyone can help that's great! :) Have a good day!

classics_chic

HSC
most people when they look at ancient sources only look at what the person (e.g. Tacitus) was telling you literally. You have to read between the lines because they aren't writing for an HSC student, even if their work claims to be "a possession for all time" (Thucydides).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yes very important skill to learn as a historian in being able to read several different sources to ascertain for yourself their value, usefulness and accuracy.

Vuki

HSC
Erm, and don't forget, you don't really need quotes for August - Titus society, right?

At least, i've heard Question 1, 2, 3 and 4 don't need quotes, and for question 5 (the extended response) it's not a criteria, although it does validate your argument and sound a lot better if you use quotes.

Am I right?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Vuki said:
Erm, and don't forget, you don't really need quotes for August - Titus society, right?

At least, i've heard Question 1, 2, 3 and 4 don't need quotes, and for question 5 (the extended response) it's not a criteria, although it does validate your argument and sound a lot better if you use quotes.

Am I right?
Depends on how much you want to write and how detailed it is, i think my normal questions ended up being around 1.5 pages and the extended close to 5 but then again i liked the topic :)

quotes are your best friend, quote where you can, shows the markers you arent just making stuff up, but are coming to a conclusion using a logical pattern, as any good historian should

Vuki

HSC
5 pages question 5? How the hell did you finish the paper in 3 hours, with a structured essay and 2 full essays to follow the society?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe barely i remember rushing my assyria essay a tad had to rush the last conclusion
history extension was worse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)