• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Examples (1 Viewer)

crammy90

HSC
when given a diagram to recommend the transmission mediums. Just say its like for a farm. The answers to a question had fire optics because of the 2km distance and interference etc. But a farm wouldnt be able to afford these as its like 30,000 a kilometer or something. Would you use common sense and say its a farm, use coaxial with repeaters, or would u say fibre optics because it would be the best even though its economically unfeasible
just curious

HSC
i would say fibre optics as that is the answer the markers are looking for as it is an ipt paper and not an economics paper and it is not as important to judge if the farm could afford it or not. for all we know it could be a very rich farm that is a house hold name. i see were your coming from and if this is a short answer question they accept both answers if you could explain your reasoning behind it. hope that kind of helps :eek:

mijoe

HSC
Just focus on your justification. As long as it's not stupid, it should be okay.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Textbook states that Coaxial cable should only be used for distances around a few kilometres. Wouldn't this be relevant seeing as it does come from the textbook?

crammy90

HSC
Makro said:
Textbook states that Coaxial cable should only be used for distances around a few kilometres. Wouldn't this be relevant seeing as it does come from the textbook?
ive got TP = 100 and coax = 200 and fibr = 10'skm and micro = 1000's
but micro limited as straighline travel and the earth curves

HSC
I usually never take the cost into account. Just justify using interferance, speed, reliability, bandwidth, interception etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)