• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

experimental research (1 Viewer)

WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!

HSC
hi guys,
i've got a research task for biology but i don't understand the question,
any help and ideas are welcome

the question is as followed:
YOUR TASK: with reference to a SPECIFIC enzyme research and describe the feedback mechanism by which the enzyme fuctions to maintain homeostasis

to be included:
* labelled schematic diagram of the feedback mechanism

also by giving examples eplain, the implications of how changes in the body environment can effect the fuction of this and other enzymes

loz8888

HSC
WHAAAAAAAAAT!!! said:
hi guys,
i've got a research task for biology but i don't understand the question,
any help and ideas are welcome

the question is as followed:
YOUR TASK: with reference to a SPECIFIC enzyme research and describe the feedback mechanism by which the enzyme fuctions to maintain homeostasis

to be included:
* labelled schematic diagram of the feedback mechanism

also by giving examples eplain, the implications of how changes in the body environment can effect the fuction of this and other enzymes

i have some notes on enzymes and a specific enzyme (catalase) which i can send to you if you want. catalase is an enzyme found in liver/spinach...

im not really sure how to go about answering this question...but ...enzymes need specific conditions (temperature, pH, concentration of substrate) to be able to work optimally. if the temperature, for example, is too high/extreme, the enzyme will denature...it will no longer be able to perform the task required of it...this is permanent

ummm...but yeah, if you want i can send you some notes on enzymes..hopefully they'll be helpful :)

oh also, the internal body environment needs to remain stable so that the enzymes can function optimally (body temp, pH, substrate concentration).. homeostasis is the maintenance of a constant internal environment despite changes in the external environment. if homeostasis is not maintained, enzymes can't function optimally..this upsets the entire metabolism
if the intercellular environment is not kept constant, the rate of chemical reactions decreases & proper fucntioning of cells/organisms cannot occur...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)