• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ext eng: victim/villain please give me a hand! (1 Viewer)

chicken1989

HSC
hey guys
i'm doing yr 11 ext eng and i was just wondering if anyone else is doing victim and villain theme... we seem to be the only ones. if your doing it can you give me a hand with what texts you've done and any related text i could possibly use... also what is everyone doing if not victim/villain theme??
ta xx :shy:

Last edited:

RainbowBrite

HSC
What do you mean by victim/villian them? As in Crime Fiction? Because if that's what you mean... then well... in Crime Fiction it's kind of inescapable. =P

Kabbasi

HSC
I agree with above post, I think you mean Crime Fiction. This post will be irrelevant to you now but for other people that come next year and are a little confused...

There are a number of different modules that you can study for English Extension 1 which you study as a class. Some of them include Crime Fiction, Postmodernism, Retreat from the Global, Speculative Fiction, the Religion of Sport (? someone correct me on that), and others which I'm sure other jolly brilliant BOS people will add because I can't be bothered clicking "Back" and listing all the other ones.

Go to the Board of Studies Site and you'll find a list of texts that you might be studying as a class, as well as the formal requirements for the module. If you're looking for supplementary texts, just click around on this site and you'll be submerged in a foamy wave of texts you can use.

Crime Fiction is one of the most common modules that are studied, meaning that there is a vast amount of supplementary texts you can use. Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes and CSI seem to be frequently used texts. And yes, you will have to look at the villian and victim because I think that's sort of what creates the crime in the first place...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
vizman said:
guys isn't crime fiction in the yr 12 syllabus?
Chicken1989 probs wrote that at the start of the HSC year eg just before term 4.

So yes it is a HSC topic and like Kabassi said above it's the most popular of the ext 1 'genres'.

Another one is "Revenge Tragedy"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)