• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext1 art course mark? (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
So, the Intensive Art Course is all over.
I'm sure people miss it like I do.
So who got their marks back?
All my 3 other friends who theirs back, I haven't got told cos I've dropped art and teacher hasn't contacted me.
One did drawing and got 46/50
One did printmaking and got 45/50
One did painting (in my class) and got 38/50
Damn I htought hers is pretty good...
So,
How did everyone go?

Cellie

HSC
(^o^) said:
All my 3 other friends who theirs back, I haven't got told cos I've dropped art and teacher hasn't contacted me.
So,
How did everyone go?
Really! I havent got mine yet and I did painting. Argh by what you tell us about that mark for painting and you thought it was great, it makes me really worry about my mark!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
I'm not that worry cos i basically painted whatever I wanted at the end of module 2.
Since I've dropped art and this "ext art course" might not be in my HSC cert after all.
Who's class were you in?
I was at Ivor's.

*Maybe she should get around 40/50 or sth, but Ivor is pretty conserved and strict about the medium and i guess he jsut doesn't like contemp/ punky art, you know what I mean.

And mine is purely abstruct stuff...and I was too lazy to do any progress work =( so I'm thinking I'm going to get a mark between 32-40, which i would really hate to get.

To all people to did the NAS course please share your artworks here ^^.

Last edited:

el-salvador

oh yes i did drawing ,
ill have to check with my art teacher tomorow to see if he got my mark i doubt it because they didnt even know about the NAS course my dad found out!
i was in anthonys class
my parents managed to get the teacher to tell them i was first/second so hopefully i should get a good mark unless he was lying, ha

i would post the work i did there but my scanner is too small, and its old and crap now

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
el-salvador said:
my parents managed to get the teacher to tell them i was first/second so hopefully i should get a good mark unless he was lying, ha
LoL, I do not think they care whether you come first at your school or failing for art. But I'm sure most people are great in the first place to get in. Or lucky enough to fluke.

I told my art teacher that I've dropped art... is that mean I'm gonna get 0? =(

haha~

Cellie

HSC
(^o^) said:
I'm not that worry cos i basically painted whatever I wanted at the end of module 2.
Since I've dropped art and this "ext art course" might not be in my HSC cert after all.
Who's class were you in?
I was at Ivor's.

*Maybe she should get around 40/50 or sth, but Ivor is pretty conserved and strict about the medium and i guess he jsut doesn't like contemp/ punky art, you know what I mean.

And mine is purely abstruct stuff...and I was too lazy to do any progress work =( so I'm thinking I'm going to get a mark between 32-40, which i would really hate to get.

To all people to did the NAS course please share your artworks here ^^.
I was in Lucy's class! Were you boarding or not - coz i was boarding, i live like seven hours north from Sydney.? Who was boarding in your class?

Yeah, i get what you mean. My teacher was way different to the way i approach my art technique... and because of that, i may get a lower mark or something. But yeah, "But I'm sure most people are great in the first place to get in". I'm happy i got in. :)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Nope. Not boarding. Did you need to pay anything to board?
Have you got a photo of your artwork?
To me the mark doesn't really matter (maybe cos I've got nothing to do with art now), NAS surely did provide us the learning experience though. =)

Cellie

HSC
No we didnt have to pay to board, it was provided. Well, for the train trip - we had to pay ourselves.

Yeah i do have a pic of my work but its not a good one and plus its stuck on my art VAPD.

I spose, it might not matter now that you have quitted art. But i dunno, it may come in handy one day...perhaps, lol i dunno.

Yeah diffinitely!!:D!! NAS was great, well i didnt like the Module One as much, it wasnt to my liking. It was outside my comfort area. However, experiences are great :)
Module Two, i luved. We got to know one another better, got to work with my own thing, more fun, experienced so much more and learnt new things and expanded my horizon :D

It was worth it hey!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
The whole class didn't use paint at all for module one...
we did photocopying, collage and charcoal drawing...
Oh yes heaps of painting going on I know... :|

Cellie

HSC
We used paint on the FIRST day!

It was unexpected, the class thought - well you know, its the first day - we didnt really expect anything big. But, yeah we started painting straight away... That week was exhausting.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
lucy's class... the class up the stairs near the lockers and printmaking downstairs?
I swear I've photocopied more than 200 pages of paintings/drawings and my own in the first module...
BTW the teacher told me about my mark! She didn't have the marks with her but she said it's either 42 or 43...

Not too bad for 2 days of rushing, painting and cutting I guess. =/

Cellie

HSC
Yup. Thats my class :p.

lol, we did no photocopying, just paint. paint splattering everywhere, coz we painted in module one the way she paints. Her style of painting was a style that was similar to the way Braque, Picasso approaches their art techniques... it was all great for having experienced this style of painting, but i was into more of painting realistically. but yeah it was fun.

Yeah, it is a pretty good for - as you said - "for 2 days of rushing, painting and cutting I guess" hehe. well done :D

I have forgotten to approach my teacher about my mark. perhaps, it hasnt reached them yet, i dunno....*feeling kinda nervous* lol

hey btw, in your class, did you have Lucinda and Andrew? Coz i think them two were just below us from module two - as you described "and printmaking downstairs" and my friend did printing jsut below us too.....

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
(^o^) said:
So,
How did everyone go?

Haha i would know your friend who did printmaking.

I got 47/50 for printmaking...first band 6 of the hsc for me...now for the uai based courses :)!!!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Lauren Williams is her name. Funny one with humorous art ideas.

Congrats for such a high mark!
scan your artwork here! ( I've probably seen in as all printmaking artworks were in the cell block) But seriously I think the printmakings from your department were awesome! =D
Yeh how good if this mark goes towards your UAI? Would scale WAAAAAY up~!

@Cellie: We have Andrew in our class, the only guy in the class. So probably different classes?! Anyway, that's good that you guys had a chance to experience diff stylies though. I assure you it's better than getting cuts from papers and stanley knives.

Last edited:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
OMG- say hey to her for me!! i sat near her in mod 1, she's cool! ask her if she's still hearing birds...she'll understand it ;

Cellie

HSC
(^o^) said:
Lauren Williams is her name. Funny one with humorous art ideas.

Congrats for such a high mark!
scan your artwork here! ( I've probably seen in as all printmaking artworks were in the cell block) But seriously I think the printmakings from your department were awesome! =D
Yeh how good if this mark goes towards your UAI? Would scale WAAAAAY up~!

@Cellie: We have Andrew in our class, the only guy in the class. So probably different classes?! Anyway, that's good that you guys had a chance to experience diff stylies though. I assure you it's better than getting cuts from papers and stanley knives.
Yeah, then i'm thinking of the other painting class because they had more than one guy.

Guess what! I got the same mark as you 42/50. Its a pretty good mark for a painting i reckon lol. well, i'm happy with ive got....

Hey, what did your work look like? Post it in here!:D

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
@Cellie: Mine looks pretty contemporary and monotone =)
It isn't a great piece at all.. but anyway. Hmm the one in the middle is the "main piece". I did the others just for the exhibition's sake (to fill up the wall, to let the audience focus on my main piece etc). Tutor also marked our "exhibition process" (how to display it, etc)
Art school, oh tell me about it.

@fi_babezy: What's your name again? Hmm I can't really say to Lauren oh "fi_babezy off BOS said hi to you..." :p

*ok BOS is being really gay and wouldn't let me upload, so I guess you have to wait for next tim. =D

Cellie

HSC
Oh, lol. Yeah sure :) It would be great to see your work.

lol, i dont know about how they marked it just yet....

argh! i have to go... i'll write some more later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)