• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
We just got our application forms...on top of 4u Eng I've decided to pick up extension history... what about everyone else?
in terms of dropping mine is a toss up between ancient, legal and drama (so... um... everything but modern) but at the moment it's looking like drama.

onigiri

HSC
i'm thinking of dropping from advanced eng to standard b/c i got such crap-ass results! But my teacher said i shouldn't b/c mines were actually good compared to other people in my class.

I'm thinking of maybe picking up 4 unit maths in yr.12 but then I dunno *shrugs*

astro

HSC
Hopefully i can hang onto 3u eng....i can forget abt 4u - not good enough to do it...... applying for ext hist and drop ancient hist.....and then there's maths which i have to keep even though i do abysmally

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I'll probably go 4 unit maths, and drop chemistry and legals. But I'm not sure about the context of 4 unit maths.. Am I up for it?

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Originally posted by Huratio
I'll probably go 4 unit maths, and drop chemistry and legals. But I'm not sure about the context of 4 unit maths.. Am I up for it?
It depends on how you are finding 3 unit maths at the moment. And btw if you want to get that target UAI - i would do it ;)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
4 maths 4 english
3 hist. is a maybe... the poor scaling is putting me off.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I've done 4u english and it's been really rewarding, so I would recommend it. You can always drop it anyhow.

And ext history doesn't scale badly, and who gives a shit if it does? Good marks are good marks.

capsicum

HSC
either pick up extension 2 maths n drop extension 1 eng on top of dropping society and culture
so that'll be: 3u eng, 3u maths, chem, bio or
advanced eng, 4u maths, chem n bio

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
4 eng, 2 maths, anc hist, va, jap, thinking of picking up ext jap except i'm not very good at jap... or doing schoolwork

Alaranth

I'm gonna drop ext maths (I was really uncertain about doing it in the first place) and probably picking up 4u English. I wish I could do 4u without doing 3u. The exam sounds hard...
That makes 4u Eng, 2u maths, bio, chem, and drama.
Don't drop drama Glycerine! You need a period where you can run around like an idiot! :D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
extension english isn't that bad, especially if you do genre, you just have to make sure you keep up with the reading etc. like i've done well in it (i did yr 12 this year) without really doing that much in the way of studying.. altho i have my ext trial on the 26th of jul and will have to study so i can get full marks and stuff : )

the thing w/drama is, i suck at the performance side of drama, i'm coming in the bottom 10% of the class, the teacher hates me, i hate the teacher and i don't enjoy it. like if i was *enjoying* the class, i wouldn't drop it, because i can always pick up heaps of marks in the written part. but yeh... if i always want to find an excuse not to go to class (whereas with the rest of them i'm fine) it's telling me something.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
pick up eng ext 2 and ext history, drop ext 1 maths and leaving me with 11units...not safe at all

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i am picking up ext 2 maths, and my english teacher advised me to pick up ext 1 english after i was contenplating dropping 2 genral. i dont want 2 drop anything (oh but work, i dont need money that is what parents are 4 ;))
so i would have, Ext2 Maths, Ext1 English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, SOR1(mabey catholic studies)
i talked to my Curriculum adviser and he said that he might let us drop SOR down to catholic studies if we can get the people 4 the class. so if i drop to catholic studies it will be 13 uai units and if he wont let us then it will be 14 units

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
I'm doing eng and maths ext. maybe ext 2 eng and hopefully art ext if i get in :)!........Does that sounds ok..? btw taking those units would make 14units altogether

Last edited:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Jamil: You are right, the world was mapped upside down!!

astro

HSC
are you suppose to write a novel or play for 4u eng?

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
pick up 4 unit mathematics and dropping ext english and chemistry..

so if all goes to plan, english(adv), math 4 unit, economics, business studies - 10 units

afta???

HSC
i'm definitely pickin ext 2 maths.....stickin with adv eng, legal, econ and ancient
really wanted to do ext history too
is it too much??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)