• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

External/Internal transfers- Does bias exist (1 Viewer)

mafain

HSC
Hi,

Im currently doing Business and Commerce in UWS, unfortunately I lost interest in it and have decided to choose a science based course seeing as science is somewhat more interesting to me. Anyway, I put my form through for a mid year transfer. My question is; are unis bias more towards internal transfers? Eg/ i want to do Radiography but its not available for mid year admission, if i choose to transfer to USYD B Science rather than UWS B Science am I more likely to get the transfer next year if Im doing B Science in USYD seeing as its in the same faculty as Radiography? or is it just GPA based? Also how do I find out the NSRL cut off?

Thanks for your help :)

HSC
All i can say is that NSRL cut-offs aren't published, and the unis will be a bitch if you ask them. That said, NRSL are usually lower than school leaver cut-offs.

dm4n

HSC
There is no bias involved afaik however some unis have an internal transfer program from what i have heard

mafain

HSC
So all I need to do is get a good GPA in ANY course, whether relevant or not towards what Id like to do next year and Ill still be able to get in if its sufficient?

Thanks again

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I applied to get OUT of radiography via internal transfer right before the cutoff date and they didn't even check my GPA. I guess luck helps

hotdimsim

HSC
if you have a better gpa than someone from that uni wanting to transfer in, theyll probably take you. Just cus you go to the uni doesnt make them lower the entry requirements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)