• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fahrenheit 9/11? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys,

I've decided to di Fahrenheit 9/11 as one of my related texts, as a lot of ppl recommend it as a good text for "TTT'. The thing is, however, I'm not too sure how the truth is represented and what/how the techniques represent it.

If someone could give me a rundown, or help, that would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

nanoose

I don't really know but all I can think of is that the truth behind the scenes is being exposed so you can see how corrupt everything is...its showing a contrast of both worlds...like what the public do know and what they dont know to expose how corrupt gerorge bush really is...it's also exposing bush's history as an oil hot shot to expose his real reason for the war on Iraq..like da oil...so basically it's a contrast of two worlds to expose how corrupt and hipocritic the bush administration is..just try and analyze a few scenes or important bits and i think you will be fine just use techniques like contrast, irony and juxtaposition to show how the truth is EXPOSED

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Don't forget the splicing of audio, video etc...
My god, the reason it's perfect for telling the truth isn't because of what it 'exposes' , it's because of how Micheal Moore has manipulated the medium to present his version of the truth.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Don't forget the splicing of audio, video etc...
My god, the reason it's perfect for telling the truth isn't because of what it 'exposes' , it's because of how Micheal Moore has manipulated the medium to present his version of the truth.
agreed.

Don't confuse Moore's presentation of truth and what he's saying about the media's presentation of truth...

rsingh

HSC
thanks guys for the help.

that's exactly whrere i'm stuck. when i'm talking abt 911, do i talk abt Moore's presentation of truth or what he's saying about the media's presentation of truth?

I asked my tutor and he said i should refer to what he's saying abt the media's presentation of truth.

my eng. teacher said hoiwever, i should refer to both to get better marks.

but i'm not sure. i really need your help on this.

also, if you giuys could give me examples from each point of view, and how it relates to 'TTT', then it would be highly appreciated! .. i'm a little stuck on that too.

thanks again!

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
remember some of Michael Moore's research came from newspaper articles. Some of the newspaper articles were a bit dodgy.

Therefore you can argue that most of the movie was based on "a rumour of a rumour" it's like the Chinese Whispers Effect.
So by the time it gets to Fahrenheit 9/11 the truth is twisted into a lie.

nanoose

very interesting point...i actually was under the impression that Moore's 9/11 was truthful but then again your point that he manipuilated the truth could be so valid cause he is also working in the "media" and wants rating too...1 question i have which i am soo confused about...r we finding related material for frontline or for telling the truth??

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
frontline is your prescribed text.

related materials are additional texts that you find, in this case F9/11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)