• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Filling booklets (1 Viewer)

man_p

HSC
how many of u people have gotten band 6 exam results for ur essays and only written 1 booklet....

since..many teacher emphasise that if u DONT write more than 1 there's no way of getting any good marks..

and if its quality...well then thats just a perception..

please reassure my thoughts....

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
man_p said:
how many of u people have gotten band 6 exam results for ur essays and only written 1 booklet....

since..many teacher emphasise that if u DONT write more than 1 there's no way of getting any good marks..

It is possible to get in the higher bands with one booklet, but if you really know what you're writing, then you usually can't help yourself to write more and more in order to get all that information down. Hence, you will easily finish more then 1 booklet, unless you've got really small handwriting.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I think one book was about 8 pages? I might be getting mixed up with uni pages but whatever.

It's realllllly easy to fill up HSC booklett pages cos they have a fat margin with really wideset lines.

Check out scans from standards packages CD's and books if you wanna know what it's like.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs but does anyone know how many pages (A4) make up one booklet? [/quote said:
Thats what I want to know. Alot of the band 6 economic essays are only 8 pages...

A l

HSC
N/A
One booklet would approximately be 4 pages worth of A4 8mm ruled pages.
In terms of Mathematics examinations, obviously you would take much less than a booklet for some questions.
In terms of English, you do not have to exceed one writing booklet to score a band 6. I've seen high range responses cover only 5-6 pages of the booklet, so the length doesn't matter. Some people need a long response to express their answer but others use fewer words to successfully answer the question. It depends on how well you answer the question, so it varies from person to person. Some people write longer answers to explain their response while others are much more succinct and can say the same thing (with the same effect) in fewer words.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
man_p said:

if you look at standard packages and those student answers books, most of the high range answers are about 1 booklet or less in length...like 6-10 pages.......your teachers are totally wrong, tell them to show you where in the criteria it states that you need to write a specific amount of pages.....now obviously you need to write a decent amount to answer the question well but that can definately be done with 1 booklet...

taki999

HSC
It's not what you write it's how you write. You can link in BS topics yet still manage to link the aspects really well. Less describing the set text more on the relevent issues the text tries to communicate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)