• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

food monologues (1 Viewer)

piracer

HSC
So ive decided to base my IP on food, but the thing is, how?

I was talking to my teacher, and she was advising me to perhaps use food as a metaphor for another meaning, such as a wedding cake resmebling relationships and when it crumbles, so does the relation.

anyone have any experinece?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
piracer said:
So ive decided to base my IP on food, but the thing is, how?

I was talking to my teacher, and she was advising me to perhaps use food as a metaphor for another meaning, such as a wedding cake resmebling relationships and when it crumbles, so does the relation.

anyone have any experinece?
thats a good idea, the wedding cake thing. i've never done anything with food as a central part of it...but i would say, get some ideas of diferent kinds of food you might want to use, and look at their colours and textures and wat they taste like and stuff, and try to relate that to a symbolic meaning.
like, okay maybe this is a poor example, but if your monologue was about a relationship of some kind, perhaps you could symbolise its ups and downs with different food... u know, sweet red strawberries when its going well, bitter alcohol or salt when its not. or research different traditions and superstitions about food and see if you can work that in.
there's heaps of ways you could use food... u made a good choice there :D play around and see what you can do.

Maz6277

HSC
well I did a monologue on donuts..my character was basically obsessed with them, even though she was supposed to be on a diet.. she stashed some at her gym so others could eat em so she'd feel better about losing weight.. as a result she had nightmares and heard voices telling her to 'always look up on the donut and not upon the hole' (so the donut was a symbol) ... just giving you an example..
I agree with Cosmic Doris also .. im sure you'll find something just brainstorm ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)