• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Full fee university payments, Lower ATAR cutoff?? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello guys :p

I was wondering if there was a lower ATAR cut off if you payed full fees immediately for university? is this true??

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
No.

edit: (just as a side note full fee is not the same as upfront payment)

funnytomato

HSC

I was wondering if there was a lower ATAR cut off if you payed full fees immediately for university? is this true??
I don't think you are allowed to do that anymore

only international students can have a lower cut-off because they pay shytloads of money to the university

so if you're rich and desperate to get a lower Atar cut-off , get a Tasmanian citizenship !!!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

only international students can have a lower cut-off because they pay shytloads of money to the university

so if you're rich and desperate to get a lower Atar cut-off , get a Tasmanian citizenship !!!
lol wut

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

You could do that before, it was called DFEE (I think) and you had to pay the course fee up front, but they scraped it from this year onwards for domestic students, the cutoff was like 10 points below normal or something, but not anymore... you'll just have to work harder.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Full fee paying places were abolished in 2008.

Deathless

HSC

This. You have to be non-PR or non-citizen.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If you miss all the cut-offs for each university there are other ways in - e.g. TAFE, direct entry and many more.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Dont forget bonus points/EAS which can give you 10-15 extra points

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
isn't the maximum of extra points 5 for most universities?
5 bonus points, uni's like UWS give other bonus points such as living in GWS, and then EAS, dont think EAS works for UWS tho, but it could give you about 10 extra points, so you could end up with about 15ish

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I think EAS doesn't count with bonus points (please correct me if I'm wrong). I vaguely recall UWS offering more bonus points than the others though (especially if you live in the region).

Atlas

HSC
N/A

Do you have a particular degree or university in mind yet?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Yeah I think EAS doesn't count with bonus points (please correct me if I'm wrong). I vaguely recall UWS offering more bonus points than the others though (especially if you live in the region).
Bonus selection points or reserved places depending on which uni, although they don't disclose the number of bonus selection points you were awarded

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm think it does count as I know of people with an atar significantly lower than the published cutoff, so I can only assume that it's a mixture of EAS and bonus points, but they dont disclose it so I'm not 100% sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)