• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Full Time Job + Distance Uni Education? (1 Viewer)

jaeko44

HSC
Hey Guys,

I just received a job offer (full-time, pays quite good), and am wondering if its a good idea to take the offer and study university through Open Universities Online - It is a bachelor degree from RMIT.

The only reason I'm having second thoughts is because Open Universities doesn't require an ATAR.. This makes me feel like I wasted time studying & stressing earlier (I believe I'll be achieving an atar of around 70..)

What is better, studying part-time in UTS/UWS (5 years) or completing the course through Open Universities within 3 years.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Depends how much you want to really enjoy the university life, if you don't care about it just go through open university and get it over with and focus on your career - the whole uni experience can be really great though, and you can meet some life-long friends and/or at the very least network with a vast number of potential students.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yeah it's kind of up to you. Is the job something you really want and know you'll enjoy? Is it relevant to your future career? If one of these is yes, do you care about 'uni life'? I mean it is a very unique and rewarding experience (or so I'm told) but then again you will have a social circle at your workplace should you take it. Do you mind doing all your studies online?
I think you should ponder all of these things, and maybe take a look into the quality and credibility of Open Uni, and go from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)