• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

General Education (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey just wondering if anyone has done or is doing any of these gen eds..

GENT0201 Communication Skills
GENL5030 Understanding Tax

GENL1061 Religion & Terror
GENS9007 Psychobiology of Love, Sex & Attraction
GENS6013 Plants & People: Murder Magic Medicine
GENS9002 Psychology of the Body & Mind
GENT0212 Creative Writing

GEND5201 Landscape Animation Elective
GENS0501 The Marine Environment

GENM0512 Mis(Representation) of Health
GENE1011 From Catchment to Ocean
GENE1012 Tools for Ecologically Sustainable Development in Corporation & Regions

GENE7801 Energy & Mineral Resources - Use or Abuse?
GENL0220 Effective Communication

GENL2020 An Introduction to the Australian Legal System
GENS4001 Astronomy
GENS4014 Are We Alone? The Search for Life Elsewhere in the Universe

GENS7601 Earth - the Dynamic Planet

GENS9001 Psychology of the Individual & the Group
GENS9002 Psychology of the body & mind

GENT0604 Critical Thinking & Practical reasoning
GENT0707 Globalisation & the Nation State
GENS0501 The Marine Evironment

sorry thats my short list :p

Last edited:

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
satisfaction03 said:
GENT5030 Understandig Tax
GENE1011 From Catchment to Ocean
I've done the above two out of that list (Understanding Tax should be GENL5030 not GENT5030).

GENL5030 is a real bludge, the assessment consists of a few practical excercises where you've got to call up some tax hotlines to get some info and write up a few short reports, a tax return test, and a case study test (both tests are in class & open book).

GENE1011 is not really a bludge, although it's interesting there's quite a lot of material to learn for a gened (it's probably adventageous if you have a bit of interest or background in chemistry and biology if you choose it). Assessment consists of lecture & field trip attendance (easy marks), two case study reports, and a final exam (mostly rote learning & cramming). The two field trips are to Centennial Park & Malabar Sewage Treatment Plant.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't done any from the above list, however, I know
GENS9001 Psychology of the Individual & the Group
GENS9002 Psychology of the body & mind

that you have to attend the same lectures as the first year psychology students. So don't do it because they are boring! :D

HSC
Survivor39..having done psych first year would have meant that you're not permitted to do the above psych gen eds, no?

I'd think that it could be interesting but hoping its not too much stuff packed into a gen ed! and the 6UOC would mean that its classed as 2 gen eds in one i'm sure.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
satisfaction03 said:
Survivor39..having done psych first year would have meant that you're not permitted to do the above psych gen eds, no?

I'd think that it could be interesting but hoping its not too much stuff packed into a gen ed! and the 6UOC would mean that its classed as 2 gen eds in one i'm sure.
yep, if you've done psyc1001, you cannot do gens9001, if you have done psyc1011, you cannot do gens9002. I've done psyc1001, and I know gened people go to the same lectures as me. tha's how i know both gen eds you go to the same lectures with their respective psyc courses.

6 u gen ed means you do double amount of the stuff, like a normal subject. nothing special.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
wheres murderers, mainiacs and medical detectives ( or is it scientists, cant remember)? its a gen ed course which sounds cool........

HSC
:p scientists CAN remember!

what did you say?? lol

okay that sounds fun too GENS 0911 Maniacs, Murderers and Medical Detectives. how fun can it be learning about the gruesome history of killers?!?!? :axedeath:
its given by school of HPSC

sunny

meh.
HSC
joujou_84 said:
wheres murderers, mainiacs and medical detectives ( or is it scientists, cant remember)? its a gen ed course which sounds cool........
I've done this one, and Astronomy.

The medical detectives one isn't as cool as it sounds. Its not modern forensics.

Astronomy is extremely cool though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)