• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Globalisation Essay (1 Viewer)

Kremmi

Where did everyone fine their information on Globalisation from?

I'm looking for either Ireland, Sweden or Russian. Can anyone help. Please?

(I need the effects of, and policies implemented..)

Cheers!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Best sources come from the internet

If u havent already, go to the CIA factfile website, and the World Bank factfiles on the country's u require, they are starting blocks

after that, just do a Google search until u have wat u want, and if that doesnt work, visit ur local library, or even the state library cos there is still some good stuff that comes in books

I did an NIC (South Korea) so I cant help u with ur countries

B

Bambul

There are some really good national reports by The Economist, if you can get your hands on one. They are pretty expensive (somehwre in the hundreds of dollars) but if you look around some libraries (prefereably a large one, eg. a uni library) you may bump across one for the country you want.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
Best sources come from the internet

If u havent already, go to the CIA factfile website, and the World Bank factfiles on the country's u require, they are starting blocks

after that, just do a Google search until u have wat u want, and if that doesnt work, visit ur local library, or even the state library cos there is still some good stuff that comes in books

I did an NIC (South Korea) so I cant help u with ur countries
im actually in teh same psoition but doing south korea? where ddi you find you info?

whats teh cia factfiel site? and the others?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I actually cant remember every site I went to, coz i did the assessment same time last yr
but I jus went on Google, and did a search such as "Globalisation in South Korea" and found some good stuff..but it takes a while

the cia site is: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ks.html
and the world bank site is: http://www.worldbank.org/data/countrydata/countrydata.html

my essay on the case study is here linked below,
u can look at that and see wat kind of info I used and wat issues i discussed in relation to globalisation affecting specifically south korea...and I always got at least 19/20 for it, in both the assessment and trials, so its decent ;)

http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/casestudy.zip

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i wish there were people offering their essays, assignment and notes earlier this years ....

go for government sites ... because they usually have policies and statistics, preferably you do an english speaking country or else the foreign government site will not be of much use

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by flyin'
i wish there were people offering their essays, assignment and notes earlier this years ....
well, I guess not many HSC 2001 pplz came here, apart from the admins
so I guess we were the first lot to have this as a resource, and now the future Yr12's will have an abundance of essays and such available to them, cos there's a hell of a lot of 2002 yr 12's here to provide the notes etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)