• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

'good' jobs. not able to find any. (1 Viewer)

danchurchill

HSC
i dont wanna work at like maccas or coles doin checkout stuff.
ive applied for several jobs like data entry stuff and a sales person at 'cotton on' which i was very ambitious about but havnt heard bak from them....anyone know of any good jobs goin around in the hornsby area? kinda a broad question to ask here i know, but ive been looking for a while. im doing tafe full-time mondays-thursdays btw.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeah good pay for that
that just reminded me I still need to get my RSA and RCG lol.
Then you can work in clubs too. (If you have the RCG)

danchurchill

HSC
MuffinMan said:
yeah good pay for that
that just reminded me I still need to get my RSA and RCG lol.
Then you can work in clubs too. (If you have the RCG)
will be getting my RSA on friday or saturday this coming week. costs $75 and takes 6.5 hours to get!!!! lol

HSC
danchurchill said:
will be getting my RSA on friday or saturday this coming week. costs $75 and takes 6.5 hours to get!!!! lol
couldnt you just do the rsa/rcg/bar course combo?

CieL

HSC
It doesn't hurt to start at the bottom and work your way up.. not many people hire you if your reference says high school.. well, that's what I've experienced anyway..

There's also Coles nightfill [there's more positions than just checkouts].. that's shouldnt really interfere with your TAFE, and they get paid better due to penalty rates since you work till late at night

Heh I did my RSA.. they say 6.5hrs but it doesn't take that long if you've got a cool person and you don't side track too much.. I think I did mine in 5hrs.. and she said her fastest class was 3hrs..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
It doesn't hurt to start at the bottom and work your way up.. not many people hire you if your reference says high school.. well, that's what I've experienced anyway..

There's also Coles nightfill [there's more positions than just checkouts].. that's shouldnt really interfere with your TAFE, and they get paid better due to penalty rates since you work till late at night

Heh I did my RSA.. they say 6.5hrs but it doesn't take that long if you've got a cool person and you don't side track too much.. I think I did mine in 5hrs.. and she said her fastest class was 3hrs..
Studying during the day, and then working till early morning? awh mang, I tried that, and quit the third night. I was so tired by the time I got home after I quit, I slept for 17 hours strait.

CieL

HSC
Oh.. I guess everyone's different..

I can tolerate long hours and little sleep.. and my usual sleeping time would range from 4am-6am anyway.. then I'd get up say 9am or 10am to uni/go out/work/whatever.. so I guess it depends on the individual..

I wish I had a nightfill job.. good rates seriously lol..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
JFK said:
There's a really simple way to deal with interacting with people in those jobs.

Get really, really stoned. It makes these things easy.
hahahaha. that would be hilarious.

"Dude check out this guy's shiny bald head. He's got no hair at all"
*unimpressed customer*
"Sir, dude, man, could I touch your shiny 8ballesque head? It looks awesome, and real, just so fucking there, all there and shit. Everything is so damn 3D. Fuck I'm hungry, let's hit up the deep fryer"
*walks away from register*

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
JFK said:
Or you go do 'trolley duty' at bunnings and return 8 hours later with 8 Maccas Deli Choices rolls. :) They never noticed that I disappeared when I did. I just wandered off and they paid me.
hahaha awesome. wait, which bunnings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)