• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Good laptop (1 Viewer)

Joshw

HSC
looking for a good laptop for uni around the $1000-$1300 mark. Want something for word processing and that will at least play some games like Morrowind, it doesn't have to play the latest games or anything. Anyone have any idea on good deals and/or have some sort of experience they can share?​

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Joshw said:
looking for a good laptop for uni around the $1000-$1300 mark. Want something for word processing and that will at least play some games like Morrowind, it doesn't have to play the latest games or anything. Anyone have any idea on good deals and/or have some sort of experience they can share?​
just buy a dell. they work and have a good warranty plus they're probably the cheapest going try to find a good deal, theres the $999 laptop that had a screen upgrade + 120gb hdd upgrade + 2gb ram upgrade. that was a good value, if you act quickly i think the deals still going until august sometime.

Last edited:

cherish04

HSC
asus have internationally merchandised parts meaning they create parts for other brands and have a really good name, yet usually don't come in that price range , dell is realy good if you know what you want and they can be pretty good value as already said
i have a toshiba and it's really good i like it heaps.

Avoid Sony Vaio RIp off!

queenrayan

HSC
N/A
i wanna buy a laptop too but i have no idea what to buy. i dont know how much memory i need, RAM, processer , screen size, etc. i just know that i want a laptop!

i need one for mainly school work, playing games once in a while and for listening to music.

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated because i dont know what to buy and how i can get maximum value.

Joshw

HSC
Alright thanks for the help. I'm now thinking of going with Asus becuase numerous people have recommended their laptops. Any particular model I should go for and where would be the best place to buy one? I would buy online, but don't have a credit card so can't really do that.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
queenrayan said:
i wanna buy a laptop too but i have no idea what to buy. i dont know how much memory i need, RAM, processer , screen size, etc. i just know that i want a laptop!

i need one for mainly school work, playing games once in a while and for listening to music.

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated because i dont know what to buy and how i can get maximum value.
this one would be sufficient for you at $1199
http://www.laptop.com.au/product/tosha135s2276.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)