• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Graphs worth no marks (1 Viewer)

<METALHEAD>

There are in a lot of past papers questions which ask you to copy out the graph shown, especially in 3unit. They give no marks for this and often the questions can be worked out by looking at the graph already given. This seems like a waste of time to me, should i bother copying out those graphs if it is allocated no marks?

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I think that is so you don't end up scribbling all over your pretty book of past papers (which they woulda been reproduced for).

Can it hurt?

You aren't gonna be asked in the real thing to do stuff for no marks, but then again you aren't going to use that paper more than once!

N

ND

I'm not really sure, but maybe they only do it when no scale is given on the axes, so then you would have to copy it, otherwise they don't know what you're doing.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
I've never thought about that. Great Idea!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
the graphs are usually too small to work with, so i make them huge on my page. if they ask you to sketch, theres probably a reason and itll most likely help. for me, it seems to help because i see the different circle geo properties more clearly.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They can't deduct marks from questions where no marks have been allocated.

They instruct you to copy your graph for your own benefit - it, more often than not, assists you in understanding the question and allows you to 'evolve' the graph with the question by marking other relevant key features on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)