• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Griffith Med Interviews (1 Viewer)

bradpitt

HSC
Could be later this year according to the Ladywhen I rang. She said they would only be sent after the UMAT results are released. Does anyone know any thing else on this. Tha

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
-its similar to the UQ provisional entry scheme. but you have to attend an interview. (i remember they were held in july/august last year? i didnt go, cuz of the provisional thing)

-but if you do alright in the interview you get an offer b4 you ATAR comes out guaranteeing you entry into their program provided that you obtain an ATAR of 96+.

-you have to maintain a credit average in the med science degree to be able to enter the MBBS course.

-its 6 years in total (2 med science, 4 MBBS)

-CSP and CSP bonded MBBS places are offered based on ur GPA after the 2 year med science degree. the top students the the unbonded places.

thats what i remember from last year.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
-its similar to the UQ provisional entry scheme. but you have to attend an interview. (i remember they were held in july/august last year? i didnt go, cuz of the provisional thing)

-but if you do alright in the interview you get an offer b4 you ATAR comes out guaranteeing you entry into their program provided that you obtain an ATAR of 96+.

-you have to maintain a credit average in the med science degree to be able to enter the MBBS course.

-its 6 years in total (2 med science, 4 MBBS)

-CSP and CSP bonded MBBS places are offered based on ur GPA after the 2 year med science degree. the top students the the unbonded places.

thats what i remember from last year.
Really? I know OP1 are given first preference. So is the final cutt-off usually about 96?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
nah, the provisional thing throws people off a bit and there weren't many people who went for it last year cuz the interviews were so early and many ppl missed out. but its def not OP1 as people get places interstate and would take those as opposed to a provisional entry place. it ends up being about OP3? thats from last year, but this year they are holding the interviews much later so more ppl can apply and theres more competition. so ur looking at about OP2 (98) final round cutoff?

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
nah, the provisional thing throws people off a bit and there weren't many people who went for it last year cuz the interviews were so early and many ppl missed out. but its def not OP1 as people get places interstate and would take those as opposed to a provisional entry place. it ends up being about OP3? thats from last year, but this year they are holding the interviews much later so more ppl can apply and theres more competition. so ur looking at about OP2 (98) final round cutoff?

I don't see the point of it then. Why would someone with an OP2 apply for provisional when they can make it in directly. Theoretically, it should be for the lower cut-offs who didn't make a direct entry?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
its like this. you get offered an interview, performance in the interview determines if you are on the short list or not. they then send out offers to those who are on the short list, guaranteeing entry provided they score an ATAR of 96 or higher. they sent these out last year in late october. however, it seems they have changed how things work this year. since the interviews are later, it means that more people apply, which means that griffith could increase the ATAR required to 97/98. altho, thats all speculation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)