• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

heath and sports science (1 Viewer)

slammindas

hey yall does anyone know anythin about the Health and Sports Science program and UNSW? Like how many ppl doin it, what its like, where can u expect to go from it ect. Also why is it in the faculty of medicine and is it a more advanced course than normal sport science courses at other uni's

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think they accept about 150 people every year. In the first year, you do chem, phy, bio, and sport science including gym work (my friend is doing it, that's how i know). It is organised by the med faculty because it is more in the field of Health, thus relating to medicine and health. Plus some subjects in the course is taugh by the faculty of medicine. I am not sure what you meant by "advanced course" compared to other unis. Just because this course is offered by the faculty of Medicine doesn't make it more advanced if it was offered by faculty of science....

In later year, i understand you need to do a lot of physiology - offered by the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science - as well as anatomy - offered by the School of Medical Science.

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Survivor39 said:
In later year, i understand you need to do a lot of physiology - offered by the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Science - as well as anatomy - offered by the School of Medical Science.
physiology and anatomy are run by the school of medical sciences

babs run biochemistry and microbiology courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)