• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELLLLP !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

xenimarie

HSC

I am the worst at studying, i sit there for hours and remember NOTHING! I actually think i forget everything.
So i was wondering if you guys could give some helpful studying tips ?
Thannks ! :hippie:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Is it because you're not really thinking about what exactly it is you're memorising? Try to understand the content. Many other factors can contribute to your problem. Another may be because you're not taking enough breaks. When you try to study for long periods of time, your capacity to take in information and focus decreases exponentially.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Is it because you're not really thinking about what exactly it is you're memorising? Try to understand the content. Many other factors can contribute to your problem. Another may be because you're not taking enough breaks. When you try to study for long periods of time, your capacity to take in information and focus decreases exponentially.
This is true.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects are you doing?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't mean to sound mean, but coming on BoS isn't the best thing to help you study.

But jnney and SpiralFlex are right - try to understand the content, rather than rote learn the content. There's nothing wrong with rote learning for the HSC, but it clearly isn't working for you.

^^^ not gonna work for subjects like history where u just need to remember stuff
It never hurts to understand the intricacies of stuff.

Examine

same
HSC
Also actually experiment the way you learn most effectively. For example my friend remembers things better by reading them out, while I learn better when I write or if my teacher gives me an example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)