• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP NEEDED on ECOs assignemnt! (1 Viewer)

HYP

HSC
HELP NEEDED DESPARATLEY!

Describe how the process of deregulation of financial markets has impacted on one financial market organisation.

In your paper you must include some discussion on the following issues:

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The type of financial services offered by this company both prior to and post deregulation.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Information relating to the companies size in terms of market capitalisation, assets under management and profitability over time.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The degree to which competition has changed the nature and scope of its operations, and the ways in which deregulation has altered the nature of the market in which it operates.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The major challenges and issues faced by this organisation over the past decade.

I would like to do Macquarie Bank for this assignemnt. But has any1 done a simliar/ same assignment and could send me ur copy so i know wat the quality should look like. HELP NEEDED DESPARATLEY! Thx.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
HYP said:
HELP NEEDED DESPARATLEY!

Describe how the process of deregulation of financial markets has impacted on one financial market organisation.

In your paper you must include some discussion on the following issues:

·The type of financial services offered by this company both prior to and post deregulation.
·Information relating to the companies size in terms of market capitalisation, assets under management and profitability over time.
·The degree to which competition has changed the nature and scope of its operations, and the ways in which deregulation has altered the nature of the market in which it operates.
·The major challenges and issues faced by this organisation over the past decade.

I would like to do Macquarie Bank for this assignemnt. But has any1 done a simliar/ same assignment and could send me ur copy so i know wat the quality should look like. HELP NEEDED DESPARATLEY! Thx.

i didnt do this assignment last yr, but i can say this:

make sure u include both positive and negatives impacts of financial market (and other) deregulation on the company. ie. negatives impacts wud be competition - due to increased competition the company has decreased profits because others are taking over the market. in this case the company has a few options - decrease their prices in order to compete in the market and regain the market share. or keep prices up because they cant afford to put prices down. and then lose sales - decreased profits. this would lead to loss of jobs due to less demand for factors of production and could even lead to a closure of the firm.

that is all theoretical... ur gna hav to adopt that theory to macquarie bank (or any other company). in their case, theyve increased their range of financial products and therefore increased sales. also, their reputation (along with lower prices) has meant theyv kept their market share. plus, their target market has been corporates and big business/public companies - who hav experienced boom periods over the last decade. therefore mac bank has profited from that.

another thing is that deregulation has meant other smaller investment banks which are competitors to mac bank hav not been able to compete in the market and hav therfore closed down. this has decreased the competition for mac bank, and therfore meant they hav been successful.

ofcourse use statistics and case studies to prove this theory.

for the last point in the question: u can say that financial deregulation has meant that although markets and market operations are done with more ethics and standards/rules, there are less requirements for the operation of financial services firms, therefore they have become more productive!

if u go on the mac bank site n check their previous annual reports u will find figues as to their market capitalisation and asset ownership and profits.

its vital that in this assignment u mention 2 things: the negative impacts ie potential loss of jobs AND the positive impacts ie increased productivity/efficiency which have lead to increased profits!

good luck, n i feel like an economics nerd!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)