• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help on UWS (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
hey just a questiom abt the UAI for law in UWS? cud sum1 plz tell me?

and does commerce and business and law have that bonus scheme thing?

like im doing business and legal and if i get into band 5 does it mean i can get a bonus 10 marks?

p.s UWS isnt that bad of a uni right?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
nanaxdd said:
hey just a questiom abt the UAI for law in UWS? cud sum1 plz tell me?

and does commerce and business and law have that bonus scheme thing?

like im doing business and legal and if i get into band 5 does it mean i can get a bonus 10 marks?

p.s UWS isnt that bad of a uni right?
The UAI for law in conjuntion with another degree (double degree) is about 90, however, UWS is infamous for letting in people who are well below the cutoff.

I'm pretty sure the bonus points scheme applies for those degrees you mentioned. If you get a band 5/6 for legal or business, you should be awarded with 10 extra UAI points.

And yes, UWS is that bad of a Uni. In fact, it's terrible. Now, some people may scream: "You haven't even been to UWS!! HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?!", and I answer those people by saying that I've done my research.

But then, if you achieve great marks at UWS, you can always transfer out to another Uni.

I was actually thinking of doing the EXACT same thing as you, but after I did my research, I've settled for Commerce at Macquarie. :D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
first off if you live in western sydney you'll get 5 bonus points straight up.
English Advanced (Band 5 or 6) - 10 bonus
English Extension 1 (E3 or E4) - 10 bonus
English Extension 2 (E3 or E4) - 10 bonus
Legal Studies (Band 5 or 6) - 10 bonus

From the looks of things there's no bonus points for business
BUT there's a maximum of 10 bonus points anyway, so say you get a band 5/6 in legal, you'll have hit your ten anyway. And if you don't get that you'll still get the Greater Western bonus points.

Hope this helps!

runnable

HSC
Bonus TEN points? Wow more reason why I think UWS is worthless.

P.S Don't bite my head off.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
runnable said:
Bonus TEN points? Wow more reason why I think UWS is worthless.

P.S Don't bite my head off.
fuck off fagget

G

Gavvvvvin

Wassup? said:
The UAI for law in conjuntion with another degree (double degree) is about 90, however, UWS is infamous for letting in people who are well below the cutoff.

I'm pretty sure the bonus points scheme applies for those degrees you mentioned. If you get a band 5/6 for legal or business, you should be awarded with 10 extra UAI points.

And yes, UWS is that bad of a Uni. In fact, it's terrible. Now, some people may scream: "You haven't even been to UWS!! HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?!", and I answer those people by saying that I've done my research.

But then, if you achieve great marks at UWS, you can always transfer out to another Uni.

I was actually thinking of doing the EXACT same thing as you, but after I did my research, I've settled for Commerce at Macquarie. :D
You're a deadset idiot.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Wassup? said:

What research have you done to conclude its terrible? I've been there, its not the best uni out there but you learn the same stuff, use the same books...all it lacks is the prestige. You cant tell me your "research" is better than my experience being at both UWS and MQ pkus all the "research" I did when I was your age. In some areas of law like the practical elements of the course is heaps better at UWS. I'm sorry but reading others opinons does not compare to personal experience esp when so many people mouth off like you when all they have heard is their parents and other people who know nothing about UWS bag it out.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
melsc said:
What research have you done to conclude its terrible? I've been there, its not the best uni out there but you learn the same stuff, use the same books...all it lacks is the prestige. You cant tell me your "research" is better than my experience being at both UWS and MQ pkus all the "research" I did when I was your age. In some areas of law like the practical elements of the course is heaps better at UWS. I'm sorry but reading others opinons does not compare to personal experience esp when so many people mouth off like you when all they have heard is their parents and other people who know nothing about UWS bag it out.
But you see, I don't have to have gone to Antartica to know that there is snow there and it is really cold there. I'm in just as much of a position to make a judgement about the university than you are.

But, I do agree with you. UWS does teach the same thing, and it teaches the content using the same textbooks as the other, more 'presitigious' unis. In the law profession however, prestige is important, and so you might be short of a job if you attain your degree from UWS.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Wassup? said:
But you see, I don't have to have gone to Antartica to know that there is snow there and it is really cold there. I'm in just as much of a position to make a judgement about the university than you are.

But, I do agree with you. UWS does teach the same thing, and it teaches the content using the same textbooks as the other, more 'presitigious' unis. In the law profession however, prestige is important, and so you might be short of a job if you attain your degree from UWS.
Its getting less and the point is a lack of prestige doesn't make somewhere awful...you exagerate

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
melsc said:
Its getting less and the point is a lack of prestige doesn't make somewhere awful...you exagerate
Well then, why the hell did you transfer out of UWS?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Prestige was one factor but the main reason was doing arts law I had to travel between bankstown and para as well as penrith and richmond depending on the units I wanted to do...but I hate to tell you MQ doesnt have that much better a rep than UWS

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
melsc said:
Prestige was one factor but the main reason was doing arts law I had to travel between bankstown and para as well as penrith and richmond depending on the units I wanted to do...but I hate to tell you MQ doesnt have that much better a rep than UWS
That's also a down-point of UWS. The campuses are so spread out it becomes a hassle travelling to each of your subjects/units.

MQ's rep isn't too bad. I mean, it's ranked in the top 100 for world rankings, so that's gotta speak some volume.

Would you have any idea if MQ is good for Commerce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)