• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

!!!!help Please!!!! (1 Viewer)

JoeMK

HSC
i need help with this question please.. just some guidance:

Mathematcly analyse, using diagrams, rocket burning in terms of momentum conservation and the rate of fuel consumption R, and derive the acceleration for a rocket during its launch stage.

^^ which equations to use

and the part of another question about launch vehicles, where its say: Calculate the range at which various stages are discarded and at which it finally goes to orbit... what is meant by "range" in terms of multi-stage rocketry?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
JoeMK said:

Mathematcly analyse, using diagrams, rocket burning in terms of momentum conservation and the rate of fuel consumption R, and derive the acceleration for a rocket during its launch stage.

and the part of another question about launch vehicles, where its say: Calculate the range at which various stages are discarded and at which it finally goes to orbit... what is meant by "range" in terms of multi-stage rocketry?
I dont know, maybe m=v^2/r ????

JoeMK

HSC
helper said:
I=FT=mfv-miu

Range=altitude
so by range he means the altitude..i was confused cuz i thought range in the context of projectile motion, being the horizontal distance
thanks

and for the rocket one... i think i got it figured out

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
what bout the thrust equation? i forgot it ..

was something like this:
Thrust = mass x acceleration - mass x gravity (9.8ms-2

im not sure if that's correct though

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
JoeMK said:

For momentum, p=mv where p=momentum, v=velocity
m=mass,
- As momentum is the product of mass and velocity.
For aceleration derivation and momentum conservation (time rate of change of momentum).
F=ma
And a=∆v/∆t
=v-u/∆t
therefore F=m(v-u)/∆t
=mv-mu/∆t
=∆mv/∆t

Also r^3/T^2=GM/4π^2
therfore r^3=GMT^2/4π^2

But i don't understand what you want to calculate when your given no data to go with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)