• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP with changing subjects (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey

I do biology at the moment in the preliminary HSC and i really can't do it anymore. Does anyone know whether i am allowed to swap it for lets say geography, seeing as its already halfway through year 11.

Thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Normally you're not meant to commence a new subject past about Term 1 of Year 11. I suppose you could talk to your school about it if you really really want to switch, but you'd have to catch up on a lot of material.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
A lot of material. I'm guessing you'd probably have to do your assessments as well.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
At my school, they'd laugh in your face and reply with a "hell no".

I mean, you can always drop Bio at the end of Term 3 and not do it in Year 12. Generally speaking you shouldn't be picking up an entire subject this late in the year. Think of all the material you'll need to catch up on! Is it really worth it?

Every school's different, so maybe if they know you're a hard-worker and you'll be able to catch up they might let you. But it certainly wouldn't go down at my school.

cs01001

HSC
Swap with me, I want Biology and you want Geography, lol

Anyway, not long ago, there was a kid from my school who wanted to change from English Fundementals to Economics. The Social Science teacher already had his pen out and was about to sign the paper, but suddenly the subjects coordinator came by and shattered everything, lol. Anyway the student was laughed at for being too late, and also how his current English levels won't cope with Economics. But, have a chat with the guy in charge and find out. Gotta do a lot of catching up though. Good luck

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
patty4848 said:
Hey

I do biology at the moment in the preliminary HSC and i really can't do it anymore. Does anyone know whether i am allowed to swap it for lets say geography, seeing as its already halfway through year 11.

Thanks
Well i just got accepted doing Music 2 (Preliminary) by correspondence recently even though im more than half way into Year 11. So it shows that it is possible to change subjects at this stage but you really have to put in twice as much effort and be willing to catch up because you are behind the other students doing the same course. But then again it also depends with your school, if your doing well with you other subjects show the teachers that you can do it and so it would show them that you will be capable and willing to do the work to catch up. Or you could always just drop it at the end of the year if you have no more options. Hmm hope that helps! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)