• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hi (2 Viewers)

TypeR

HSC
Hello,

I just started Year 11 yesterday and im already stressing about not doing good and stuffing up the whole HSC course..

I really wanna do good and start to study and get serious now so i get a promising UAI...

any tips, advices..comments lol

Thanks

I go to Fairfield High School if anyones interested lol

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
First of all university and your uai aren't everything, they don't define you as a person nor what you are truly capable of.

You have just started preliminary you are more then a year and half away from you actually sitting your HSC exams so there is far to much time for you to spend it all stressed and worrying, it won't achieve anything and worrying isn't going to get you any better marks.

Tips. Time management and work on creating the perfect balance between assessments, assignments, study, other commitments and fun.

Remember just because you have started your final two years of education the world doesn't stop. Go out with friends and have fun. Once preliminary is over the marks are wiped and you start afresh in year 12 when the marks truly count.

Most of all relax and have fun.

TypeR

HSC
Thanks for the great words :)

Now i dont feel much stressed anymore lol

So how did you all go in your HSC..what UAI did you get?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
am doing my hsc this year

and i second what pritnep said....about the time managemnt: its so important to find the balance between assessments study h/w etc

lol first term i stopped everything to do an asessment, so all my other subjects would flop.

annnd yes. dont stress too much. take it slow n easy

TypeR

HSC
lol thanks for the advice guys..

god help us all

hkgirl

HSC
hey darling,

don't stress...YET. hehe
the journey still got a while to go until you reach your destination A :)
so save some energy & water for year 12.

even though don't ease out on prelim, it's a good fundamental step for year 12.
get use to a study plan & all, when year 12 hits you, you won't go O.O...
hehe, though, calm down a bit! :D

i would recommend you keep one activity that can help you ease your stress out a bit, like for me, i chose music (i play piano, drums, guitar, bass da di da, you get the point, i'm a music LOVER lol) and seriously, when days get hard, i take a day off not doing any homework (though i make sure i catch up the next day, or do them beforehand) and just relax and calm my stress down, it really helps :) seriously! hehe.

keep up the spirit, and you'll be sure to be rewarded with good results,
results you deserve :)

TypeR

HSC
hkgirl..that post really cheered me up :)

now im stressing about subjects and what to change and what not to change lol

i cant wait to finish my last HSC exam LOL

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
TypeR said:
Hello,

I just started Year 11 yesterday and im already stressing about not doing good and stuffing up the whole HSC course..

I really wanna do good and start to study and get serious now so i get a promising UAI...

any tips, advices..comments lol

Thanks

I go to Fairfield High School if anyones interested lol
who is this ? LOL, do i know youuu ? i bet i do ! ahah .. guess who ? i go to the same school as you & bet your in at least one of my classes ! =]

[edit]

your in my physics class !!

johnny ? bojan ? abdul ? mustafa ? LOL .. there arent that many people who do physics !!

[/edit]

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
who is this ? LOL, do i know youuu ? i bet i do ! ahah .. guess who ? i go to the same school as you & bet your in at least one of my classes ! =]
TyPeR said:
Im in year 11 and im doing General Maths, Standard English, Biology, Physics, PDHPE, and IPT....I want to change Physics with Business Studies
Find a guy doing these subjects, you pretty much found him.

hkgirl

HSC
TypeR said:
hkgirl..that post really cheered me up :)

now im stressing about subjects and what to change and what not to change lol

i cant wait to finish my last HSC exam LOL
no problems darling.
if you want to talk more or something, feel free to pm me :)
i'll try my best? i know how you feel that's why.

it's only been a week of school so i would recommend you to stay for a bit longer to see which subject you actually like or not.
the beginning of each subject is actually quite boring i must say? because you're learning the general fundamental stuffs..like for physics, the SI unit etc..and that's boring, but once you get into the more technical stuffs..that's when the real fun begins & you actually learn more! :D

Enjoy each day, make each day count. when you get older, you'll look back and go, i wish i had make more of each day, but hey, we won't be able to do anything about it then, so whilst now we have the ability to control our days, MAKE IT COUNT :D

:)

TypeR

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:

[edit]

your in my physics class !!

johnny ? bojan ? abdul ? mustafa ? LOL .. there arent that many people who do physics !!

[/edit]
looooool who are you??

im one of those names you listed :p

now who are you? Hayley? LOL

HSC
He's the one sitting at the back of hte classroom bitching about how he could be anywhere else but in the physics lab

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
watatank said:
He's the one sitting at the back of hte classroom bitching about how he could be anywhere else but in the physics lab
I have to say, I don't blame him for that.

TypeR

HSC
loooooool thats making it harder for her...coz sometimes i sit in the front and sometimes in the back :p

well last time i sat in the back if that helps lol

Season

HSC
Best advice is to relax and go with the flow, set up a study plan and keep on top of everything, and with all the rest of the time you have ENJOY IT. Don't let yourself burn out, make time to go out with friends and go to a party or too. Pull some pranks and do something stupid.

The people who burn out are the ones who take themselves too seriously, stress is stupid and not worth the time.

HSC
TypeR said:
sometimes i sit in the front and sometimes in the back :p

Dude I dont even know you I am just making assumptions about you because I can.

So basically you were one of the class strugglers who sat up the front and tried to listen but either hated the subject or just plain struggled. And then when you realised it was a lost cause you moved to the back where you bitched where you could be anywhere but the physics lab. :)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
TypeR said:
loooooool thats making it harder for her...coz sometimes i sit in the front and sometimes in the back :p

hmmm .. its abdul or mustafa .. BET IT'S MUSTAFA ! LOL ! kos if you were abdul you'd be in my chem class, which your not ! unless you changedd ..

lol .. im not hayley ! =]

guess again !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)