• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Holy S**T!! (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
oh no! i just got a letter from UAC asking if my preferences were correct and under my number 1 preference it said "this is a retraining course and not availible to current school leaders' and it was the PERFECT COURSE exactly what i wanted! i never read that it wasnt for school leavers, it was even in the 2006 UAC guide!

Does anyone know of a Bachelor of education course where i can major in secondary school visual arts at university of newcastle? preferably at ourimbah campus??

Please help me! ><

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
try looking in the uac guide book
it has all the courses and stuff

Gummy_bear

HSC
argh! of course! silly me!

*runs to find book*
----------------------------
*runs back*

Thankyou!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not sure about this, but I though for teaching you had to do in your case an "arts degree" and then a B education after? I'd go talk to your careers advisor, or ring up the uni and ask abt the course or related courses...still u do have time to change ur preferences

danieljarvis

HSC
for teaching courses you do your bachelor of watever ( a schooly subject ), and some courses have an optional DIP ED at the end of your course for a year, allowing you to become a teacher :)

Gummy_bear

HSC
iceflower: i was actually being sincere, i really hadnt thought about the UAC guide. im never sarcastic on here...(that was sarcasm :p)

Thanks everyone for your help, i managed to find a good course, cept it isnt at the campus i wanted but i can deal with that. i went online and change it, after searching my room for my pin, which i found under my bed. lol.

Anywhoo thanks again, i guess this thread can be closed, all is good. lol

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
melsc and jarvis:

You don't have to do a non-teaching degree at all. You can do a DipEd, or a BEd, and then go straight into teaching. My mum just did a DipEd, and she's a teacher. My uni lecturer (who's also a Rhodes scholar) just did a BEd to initially become a teacher.

Usually, most unis don't offer this anymore (most have combined BA DipEd or BA BEd), but it's not a state requirement. It is, however, a requirement for all registered teachers to have an educational degree (whether it's a DipEd, GradDipEd, BEd, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)