• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Horrible lab demonstrators (1 Viewer)

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I don't know whats up his arse but god but doesn't even help when i asked what i did wrong. Scribbles unrelated shit all over my lab book and pretty much said fuck off (obviously not but you get the drift).
Problem is still unresolved yet everything seems to be in accordance with information/data given.

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm going to assume Physics... a demonstrator pretty much did everything possible to avoid us. Our question was on the way we draw the resultant force diagram for an experiment, so he starts with the vectors needing arrows. Sure that's fine, so he tells us to put them in, so we do so and when we weren't looking, he just walks off, completely avoiding our question, wasting our time waiting for assistance from another demonstrator.

IamBread

HSC
Some of the people who are walking around are really good. Though there are others that do shit all. Just hope you get the good ones.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I'm going to assume Physics... a demonstrator pretty much did everything possible to avoid us. Our question was on the way we draw the resultant force diagram for an experiment, so he starts with the vectors needing arrows. Sure that's fine, so he tells us to put them in, so we do so and when we weren't looking, he just walks off, completely avoiding our question, wasting our time waiting for assistance from another demonstrator.
Exactly its like why bother asking the question if its pretty much going to be ignored. Might as well ask the brick wall how to do it. Then they appear so smug that you didn't complete it 20minutes before the lab. I don't fricken care about the 1 extra point. I want to know how to do it. God i was so pissed off.

Some of the people who are walking around are really good. Though there are others that do shit all. Just hope you get the good ones.
You would expect who seems like the "head" demonstrator to be a "good" one. But i would say most of the other ones are pretty good but this one always seems to be around. Guess everyone else tries to avoid him as well.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
In reality, most demonstrators and tutors are bad. You will learn to live with it.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
how come people got like 10s every lab? I did 4 labs already and I got in average 7ish
and how come some people already have data before lab?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Make friends with people who have labs earlier in the week.

D94

HSC
N/A
how come people got like 10s every lab? I did 4 labs already and I got in average 7ish
and how come some people already have data before lab?
Your lab time isn't the only lab time. Hence it's very likely people have obtained the data or at least methods of solving the questions by asking those who've had their lab before their friends'. On the other hand, it's very possible to get 10's, there are quite a few people who are good at these labs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)