• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hospitality teacher training (1 Viewer)

jivemonkey

HSC
Does anyone know the specifics on how to become a hospitality teacher?

My careers advisor told me (way back) that you have to take a course which would allow you to major in food sci/nutrition, then get a teaching qualification (b. ed, dip ed), and THEN get trained on how to teach the VET hospitality course. Now, my careers advisor was pretty dodge... was he right, for once? :D

Assuming he is, I've managed to trace a path through the first two steps, but I'm completely stuck with the VET teacher training. I know it's managed by the dept of education and training, but WHERE is the information on it? How do you apply for it? What does it require? Etc, etc. I've been going all over the DEST website and gotten nothing. It's driving me nuts -_-;;

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jivemonkey said:
Does anyone know the specifics on how to become a hospitality teacher?

My careers advisor told me (way back) that you have to take a course which would allow you to major in food sci/nutrition, then get a teaching qualification (b. ed, dip ed), and THEN get trained on how to teach the VET hospitality course. Now, my careers advisor was pretty dodge... was he right, for once? :D

Assuming he is, I've managed to trace a path through the first two steps, but I'm completely stuck with the VET teacher training. I know it's managed by the dept of education and training, but WHERE is the information on it? How do you apply for it? What does it require? Etc, etc. I've been going all over the DEST website and gotten nothing. It's driving me nuts -_-;;
I'm pretty sure there are BTeach or BEdu courses in Technology that allow for hospitality, ACU and USYD(if the latter hasn't cancelled it) offer them I believe.

There are also retraining programs available with teach.nsw for industry proffessionals in possession of a Cert IV or higher to allow them to become teachers of vocational subjects at a secondary level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)