• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do I prepare for my half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

d-alarmclock

HSC
So I know these types of posts have been coming up lately, but I'm struggling to find a schedule.

My half yearlies start next week and I'm stressing out. My subjects are (in order of exam timetable):
Advanced English - Monday (paper one)
4 unit maths - wednesday
Society and Culture - friday
Physics - monday
Chemistry - tuesday
3 unit maths - wednesday
English speeches - Friday (Franken-runner)

How should I prepare?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it would greatly assist other people to give you specific advice if you could disclose what exactly have you prepared so far for each subject and identify which subject you are the weakest in and need more time to prepare for and take this into consideration when structuring your exam preparation schedule.

d-alarmclock

HSC
I have done detailed notes for chemistry first module (POM), and brief notes for the second (Acidic environment).

For physics, I have done a few past papers on motors and generators (I'm not so keen on it), and am planning to start heavy past papers after my 4 unit exam. brief notes on Space and Motors and Gen

For English, have done a close study on Frankenstein and brief notes on blade runner. haven't started my speech. Have been doing a reading exam every two weeks - so I think i'm okay for paper one.

For society and culture - will be doing notes on weekend.

For 3 unit - have been doing a few past papers, focusing mainly on perms and coms. need more help with integration/differentiation/apps of calculus

For 4 unit - did 3 past papers tonight, exam is on Wednesday. need to work more on graphs I think, and practice deriving for conics. I HATE HARDER PERMS AND COMS OMG. partial fractions is ay-okay :)

I think that's everything? I don't feel as that it enough

buriza

conviction
HSC
I have done detailed notes for chemistry first module (POM), and brief notes for the second (Acidic environment).

For physics, I have done a few past papers on motors and generators (I'm not so keen on it), and am planning to start heavy past papers after my 4 unit exam. brief notes on Space and Motors and Gen

For English, have done a close study on Frankenstein and brief notes on blade runner. haven't started my speech. Have been doing a reading exam every two weeks - so I think i'm okay for paper one.

For society and culture - will be doing notes on weekend.

For 3 unit - have been doing a few past papers, focusing mainly on perms and coms. need more help with integration/differentiation/apps of calculus

For 4 unit - did 3 past papers tonight, exam is on Wednesday. need to work more on graphs I think, and practice deriving for conics. I HATE HARDER PERMS AND COMS OMG. partial fractions is ay-okay :)

I think that's everything? I don't feel as that it enough
It sounds like you are rather well prepared. Doing past papers is a great way to prepare yourself for most examinations and you can use notes to reinforce this preparation. Sometimes even rereading your prescribed texts in English can help keep the context fresh in your mind. To be honest, I felt much the same during the senior years that I could never study enough, but that is because studying does not really have a limit. All you can do is your best, so try to think of it in that way!

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
It sounds like you are rather well prepared. Doing past papers is a great way to prepare yourself for most examinations and you can use notes to reinforce this preparation. Sometimes even rereading your prescribed texts in English can help keep the context fresh in your mind. To be honest, I felt much the same during the senior years that I could never study enough, but that is because studying does not really have a limit. All you can do is your best, so try to think of it in that way!
+1
Past papers are so valuable. Usually the questions are the same or quite similar. I know it seems there is always study to be done but your hard work will hopefully pay off. Don't stay up too late the night before. Read over your notes carefully and try and de-stress yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)