• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How long are your legal notes? (1 Viewer)

sammie293

HSC
My family notes are coming around 4 pages and I've only done 1/3 of the syllabus.
My friend's crime notes were 100 pages last year for the HSC
Is this too much ?

enoilgam

HSC
Well, it really depends on you to be honest. Some people prefer comprehensive notes, whilst others prefer them to be short. That being said, I'd say 100 pages just for crime is a bit excessive, I reckon it would be difficult to study and learn from them.

My notes for the entire legal course were around 91 pages or about 35,000 words.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Bring it down to your instruments or ammunition (so to speak) which will bring the law to a state of practicality as oppose to theory which will not get you the high marks.

Your notes are fine. Do what works for you. The key point is to remember your legislation/cases/media articles/other instruments for CERTAIN areas of the syllabus. So ask yourself, "if I get a question on family breakdown, what will I write?" - then take out a piece of paper and write all the legislation/cases/articles that you will use, do that for contemporary issues and larger parts of the option syllabus. For crime, do the same thing on certain topics they can ask you on i.e. don't work yourself up on earlier syllabus points which are the basic foundational principles, but lean towards the later content (young offenders, international crime etc...)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, the textbook is about 120 pages for crime. So I might as well read from the textbook not your friends notes LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)