• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many?!! (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
How many days are we allowed to miss of school? I've missed about 5 this term. And in term 4 of last year (beginning of yr 12) I lost about 10ish days. Is this below 80% attendance?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
But why? It doesn't look good on your school report.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Your school policy on compulsory attendance rate can be the same or harsher than the standards set by the Department of Education, but in general, they calculate attendance rate based on the whole year, not on term average, I would highly recommend you to increase your attendance rate for the rest of the year.

braintic

HSC
N/A
How many days are we allowed to miss of school? I've missed about 5 this term. And in term 4 of last year (beginning of yr 12) I lost about 10ish days. Is this below 80% attendance?
Why do you need to know this? So you can plan your days off for the rest of the year? Why not just stop taking days off?

In any case, surely you can calculate the percentage attendance yourself. It requires only Year 7 maths.

enoilgam

HSC
I think it varies from school-to-school, but I think the official BOSTES standard is around 80% - 85%.

bongoli

HSC
Something to do with the set 120 hours per course. but yeah it varies with school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)